• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to thank Coach Heath for his time here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

+1 Best wishes to Coach Heath and nothing but the best for him and his son.

What are the odds Josh stays here and graduates?

Joey Johnston â€@JJohnstonTBO 2h

Former #USF coach Stan Heath said his son, freshman point guard Josh, taking news hard. "I need to be there for my son. I need to be dad.''

Charsibb.. I hit the quote button but the page was still loading. So it popped down and registered as a neg vote.  Sorry!

I'll up you in another post to compensate (even though votes don't really matter much here :P )

If you think JOSH is taking the news hard, he should have seem MY face from your negative vote. OMFG, I nearly DIED. DIED, I say!!!

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  1

Josh heath will probably leave for sure. Let's hope Perry and John don't leave because from what I see on twitter they liked playing for Stan. Can Holsten back out of his commitment?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Leavitt is the best coach USF has ever had with Erickson not far behind. Heath is a very nice guy and a class act all the way and I would like to thank him for all he did here. I think this a move necessary to try and jumpstart the revenue producing sports and make us more appealing to a P5 conference. We desperately need to have men's basketball and football winning if we want to get in over that school to the east.

Erickson is ten times the Leavitt ever was or ever will be.

But, back on topic...

I wish Stan the best and he's a class act all the way.  I think we were headed to a terrific year next year.  

We are definitely at a crossroads.  We are either a school that has decided it will not accept mediocrity and will do what it takes to step up, or we are delusional and will spend the next couple of decades recycling coaches and never getting anywhere.  It takes a lot more than a coach, it takes an organization and a huge level of support.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Josh heath will probably leave for sure. Let's hope Perry and John don't leave because from what I see on twitter they liked playing for Stan. Can Holsten back out of his commitment?

@TBTimes_Bulls: Per @Jordan_Fair, prep coach of @USFMBB signee Troy Holston, Troy is disappointed by today's news but has no further comment for now

This seems to indicate he could...

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Cannot argue with Stan's character

I thank him for his time here.  I wish it would have been more successful, but it is what it is.

Wish him luck in his future path (except if he coaches against USF)

Also agree 100% with Leavitt being the most successful revenue sport coach in USF history.

Cannot argue with Stan's character

I thank him for his time here.  I wish it would have been more successful, but it is what it is.

Wish him luck in his future path (except if he coaches against USF)

Also agree 100% with Leavitt being the most successful revenue sport coach in USF history.

He never won squat.....No conference titles, no major bowl game wins,...#2 in a poll early in the season means diddly...zip, zilch, nada.

I think an overall winning record should be a prerequisite for being considered the best coach in our history.  No? 

I know a lot people wanted Heath fired, but there is a lot that comes with that. We could lose good players in the process which might make the situation worse before it gets better.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I know a lot people wanted Heath fired, but there is a lot that comes with that. We could lose good players in the process which might make the situation worse before it gets better.

Keeping stays quo may cost us getting even better players.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Stan was a great guy and a nice person. I wish he could have found more consistent success here. I wish him the best and thank him for the work he did here.

Keeping stays quo may cost us getting even better players.

Well the problem is we never have been good at basketball and guys aren't throwing themselves at USF. So having John or Perry transfer would be a huge problem. Unless we bring someone with a big name we might still have a problem recruiting.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Stan was a great guy and a nice person. I wish he could have found more consistent success here. I wish him the best and thank him for the work he did here.

I would agree he was a nice person.   He was not a great coach, which is why he was being paid $1.2M dollars a year.  He was in control of his own success or failure and it's too bad that the prior AD failed to signal that what happened this year could lose you your job.  Nice guys usually finish middle of the pack at best.  Good luck in the future Coach Heath!