• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to thank Coach Heath for his time here

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Stan Heath should be thanked for his time at the University. He was always a class act and although I wish he had won a few more games, he is in my opinion the most successful coach in USF Athletics history. (Big Money sports FB or MBB) That may not be saying much but he is the only coach in the history of the program to win a NCAAT game and brought us there for the first time in 20 years. I wish him nothing but the best. Time to make a good hire and get back to the Tourney. I understand the choice to move on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Agreed..Total class act and best season we ever had. Thank you Coach! Best of luck in the future.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Are you serious?  Did I take the bait?  Thanks to CSH for his efforts as well, but CJL is hands down the most successful coach this athletic department as seen.  From zero to #2.  5 straight bowls.  6 straight with his recruits.  Didn't want to hijack the thread, but come on.  Stan had one good year in a down BE season.  Did we even have any NIT invites during his tenure?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

^^^^^ that

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I 2nd that Jim Leavitt was the best and he continues to prove why even away from USF athletics.

Stan Heath can be a very good coach but I think it's necessary to clean house with us being downgraded to the AAC.  We have a motivation deficiency in our ranks and this is the next logical step.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Are you serious?  Did I take the bait?  Thanks to CSH for his efforts as well, but CJL is hands down the most successful coach this athletic department as seen.  From zero to #2.  5 straight bowls.  6 straight with his recruits.  Didn't want to hijack the thread, but come on.  Stan had one good year in a down BE season.  Did we even have any NIT invites during his tenure?

1 NIT 1 NCAA Tourney (2 wins)

That 2012 USF Mens Basketball team was by far the most successful USF Team.

Maybe best Coach is debatable. I think both are close.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Cannot argue with Stan's character

I thank him for his time here.  I wish it would have been more successful, but it is what it is.

Wish him luck in his future path (except if he coaches against USF)

Also agree 100% with Leavitt being the most successful revenue sport coach in USF history.

Edited by dogma

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,931
  • Days Won:  12

I'm sure stan would have liked more wins more than any of us. I wish they would have come. Time to move forward

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

1. Before ending our conversation, @Coach_Heath reiterated he has no hard feelings toward anyone. "I love Tampa."

Heath: "I know our team was young, I know we were missing a really key player, but it's...irrelevant. This day in age, it's about winning."

Heath said he believes decision came from USF President Judy Genshaft & board of trustees, not new AD Mark Harlan, whom he met only briefly

"I'm disappointed we didn't get things done the way I wanted them. I wish I would've had one more year, I think we could've gotten there."

Coach Heath: "I have no hard feelings toward this university. I wish we could've had good years. I'm not upset, I'm not bitter." #USF

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Leavitt is the best coach USF has ever had with Erickson not far behind. Heath is a very nice guy and a class act all the way and I would like to thank him for all he did here. I think this a move necessary to try and jumpstart the revenue producing sports and make us more appealing to a P5 conference. We desperately need to have men's basketball and football winning if we want to get in over that school to the east.