• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So that's how he ends his career

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Rudd is a very good post defender and a good rebounder for his size and position. His basketball iq and brain farts will be what keeps him out of the league.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Unless I missed something, Egbunu didn't foul out. He should have been the guy closest to the rim to grab the rebound, so that he could have passed the ball wide for us to get up the floor.

Even if Victor grabs the rebound there was a player there to guard him. he should have been the guy up the floor.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Unless I missed something, Egbunu didn't foul out. He should have been the guy closest to the rim to grab the rebound, so that he could have passed the ball wide for us to get up the floor.

Even if Victor grabs the rebound there was a player there to guard him. he should have been the guy up the floor.

Yep.  I was kind of wondering what Rudd was doing there in the first place.  Unless Egbunu was on the other side.  I believe there was a rather small group in there at that point.  I think it was Heath (not 100% sure it was Heath, but he was out there the play before), Allen, Rudd and Brock.  i don't know who the other center/Forward was.

Still, no excuse for a fifth year senior.  The team's leader, no less, to fall asleep at perhaps the most crucial moment of the season.

I was watching the game with my friend who is a Louisville grad.  In the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game he kept saying that it looked like the entire team was lazy, out of shape and was playing with no passion at all.  When they were in that last huddle he said that they looked like their was no energy or excitement on the bench.  He said that by looking at their faces, especially Rudd (who they zoomed in on) you couldn't tell if this was a pre-season game or a conference tournament game.

He said that if you watch Pitino's team, they are focused, but you can see they are excited about being there.  Can't say I disagree with what he was saying. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Yep.  I was kind of wondering what Rudd was doing there in the first place.  Unless Egbunu was on the other side.  I believe there was a rather small group in there at that point.  I think it was Heath (not 100% sure it was Heath, but he was out there the play before), Allen, Rudd and Brock.  i don't know who the other center/Forward was.

Still, no excuse for a fifth year senior.  The team's leader, no less, to fall asleep at perhaps the most crucial moment of the season.

I was watching the game with my friend who is a Louisville grad.  In the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game he kept saying that it looked like the entire team was lazy, out of shape and was playing with no passion at all.  When they were in that last huddle he said that they looked like their was no energy or excitement on the bench.  He said that by looking at their faces, especially Rudd (who they zoomed in on) you couldn't tell if this was a pre-season game or a conference tournament game.

He said that if you watch Pitino's team, they are focused, but you can see they are excited about being there.  Can't say I disagree with what he was saying. 

Heck, the announcers for the game mentioned the lack of players passion several times.

It was clearly evident.  From the players on the floor to the ones on the bench

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i would be stunned if he got drafted

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Your friend nailed it and that is why Heath will be fired!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

Rudd did not put a body on (I belive) Moore, which led to Moore out hustling Rudd for the ball.  Plain and simple.  Rudd knew it, Stan knew it, and commentators knew it.  Doesn't matter who's man that was...once the ball goes up, it should be instinctive to put your behind on the nearest opposing defender.  Basic fundamental of basketball.

Edited by Supersurch

Hr didn't block out. Almost like he didn't expect the player to contest the rebound

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Rudd is a very good post defender and a good rebounder for his size and position. His basketball iq and brain farts will be what keeps him out of the league.

We must have been watching a different guy over the last few years.  When he was posted up he usually gave up 2.  Always commented to my wife how bad his low post D was. You are right about his rebounding.  That he did well.

We must have been watching a different guy over the last few years. When he was posted up he usually gave up 2. Always commented to my wife how bad his low post D was. You are right about his rebounding. That he did well.

He made it difficult to pass it into the post and he was not easily backed down. Just cause a guy hits a shot over you with a hand in the face doesn't mean that you are a bad post defender.

His helpside defense is terrible. His perimeter defense is lacking. But the young man played good post defense.