• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So that's how he ends his career

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

You know, I value the fact that Victor Rudd has played for us the past four years...but it is such a shame that last "lack of focus" pretty much summed up his career here.  What a painful way to end your college career.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

You know, I value the fact that Victor Rudd has played for us the past four years...but it is such a shame that last "lack of focus" pretty much summed up his career here.  What a painful way to end your college career.

I think Rudd plays in the NBA so he'll be ok going forward. Good Luck to him

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

His brain fart weakness negates much of his positives. Time to move on.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

He has been epically able to always keep BOTH teams in the game.

Thanks for the memories, Victor, and try to focus on the good ones instead of the last, bad, one.

All the best in your future endeavours!!!

Go Victor!

Go Bulls!!!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

I have to disagree with you on this.  I highly doubt he gets selected.  I hope I am wrong for his sake.  I am no GM or scout, but just watching him play the past four years would turn me away.  There's no doubt he has the physical tools, but...

Here's why:

• As shown in the last few seconds of the game, he lacks full concentration.
  • Zero floor leadership skills.
  • Poor attitude during games, especially towards his own teammates.
  • Inconsistent energy.  Which Victor Rudd is going to show up?  The one that takes plays off, or the one that (can) dominate(s) the game?
  • Poor outside shot selections.  Great shooter at mid-range, so why take threes??

I say he signs as a FA (maybe) in the NBA.  If not , he'll definitely play overseas.

I have to disagree with you on this.  I highly doubt he gets selected.  I hope I am wrong for his sake.  I am no GM or scout, but just watching him play the past four years would turn me away.  There's no doubt he has the physical tools, but...

Here's why:

• As shown in the last few seconds of the game, he lacks full concentration.
  • Zero floor leadership skills.
  • Poor attitude during games, especially towards his own teammates.
  • Inconsistent energy.  Which Victor Rudd is going to show up?  The one that takes plays off, or the one that (can) dominate(s) the game?
  • Poor outside shot selections.  Great shooter at mid-range, so why take threes??

I say he signs as a FA (maybe) in the NBA.  If not , he'll definitely play overseas.

Yeah by now means am I suggesting he is a 1st rd pick, but I do believe he gets picked in the 2nd round by a good team. No contract is guaranteed for 2nd rounders, so Rudd will have to work his but off. If he can show that he can consistently hit from 18-20 feet then he will make a NBA roster. His defense will have to be consistent as well which hasn't been the case at USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,930
  • Days Won:  12

I don't see why he won't get a look. And who knows, with another coaching style, what his potential might be. 

In any event, wish it could have gone differently, but in those final moments, as important as they are, the truth is you had four years to care and give it all. It shouldn't come down to that. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Didn't I hear the announcers say he is 10th on our scoring list and did it in only 3 years? 

Didn't I hear the announcers say he is 10th on our scoring list and did it in only 3 years? 

This is true. Rudd is one of the best players ever to play at USF.

• Upvote 1