• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Interesting take on student attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

What did Doug Woolard do with student fees that was against State or University policy/regulations?  Please be specific, since you say it's massive.  Thank you.

BTW, doesn't USF provide free bus transportation to and from RJS?

Not on a scale that would've allowed more students to ride it.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

So, back to MAYBE discussing solutions to problems without the usual diaper trash of the past...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

No excuses students need to show up and support their classmates.  

Why does a student need to have an excuse for not attending a football game?   How about: I have zero interest interest in football?

Do you attend all the performance presented by The USF School of Theater and Dance to support classmates.?   If not, what's your excuse?

understand that you have no interest in Football, suppose not Everyone enjoys the game itself??? There are other aspects to the game  that you may enjoy, like tailgating,  hanging with friends, making it a social event ect...

As for the Theater and Dance thing Sure Id support it if time permitted and I had no conflicts with work, travel, and other obligations.(travel a lot unfort) (usually gone over half a  month, I do however try to schedule my out of town travel around FB, BB games, and Softball). (my season tickets).

Florida is a Football state for the most part, Its prob the most popular game played in the US if not the most popular.  We have a student body of 50,000 people,  and we cant / don't draw half of that  to the games. (We don't draw 1/4 of the students). 

Having gone to College in NC years ago(old here LOL) we packed our stadium. It was the place to be on game day, Same can be said for many universities around the nation. It was a weekend affair with parties, pep rallies, tailgating, and socializing.

I think our issues are plentiful here at USF, We have so many other things to do other than attend sports OR That compete with USF. The program is horrible( as of late, the last few seasons), The school had shown that winning wasn't important until recently(hopefully with the hiring of a New AD and the firing of Skip and hopefully Stan). Lack of hype surrounding the program locally,(hardly a word about the program on the local news, papers or radio) .

We have had poor leadership(Doug) the last few years, Hopefully things will turn around with the new guy in charge. We need to flood the news and hype the heck out of USF and make it the place to be. Hopefully the New AD will overhaul the athletic dept and fill if full of people like John L, or Joe T.  Instead of those who cant be bothered or have no clue what is going on.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Days Won:  7

What did Doug Woolard do with student fees that was against State or University policy/regulations?  Please be specific, since you say it's massive.  Thank you.

Could that be because of a lack of demand?

Doubtful. The bus services you're referring to were 9-10 of the large buses at best. Those seat, what, 40-50 apiece? Out of an 12500 seat section? The scale wasn't ever there. 

As for the mishandling of funds, I'm referring to his general handling of money matters for USF athletics. I didn't say he handled it fraudulently. You can hand out idiotic contract extensions to under-performing coaches without it being a fraudulent transaction. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Huge generation gap issue here. Some see it as going to watch a team lose and others see it as supporting your school... Unfortunately, there is no bridge between those opinions...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

Today we learned that students do what they want...  :rolleyes:

Oh, and you can support your school in ways other than attending sporting events. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Yes, but students cannot typically afford what we do

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

Could that be because of a lack of demand?

Doubtful. The bus services you're referring to were 9-10 of the large buses at best. Those seat, what, 40-50 apiece? Out of an 12500 seat section? The scale wasn't ever there. 

As for the mishandling of funds, I'm referring to his general handling of money matters for USF athletics. I didn't say he handled it fraudulently. You can hand out idiotic contract extensions to under-performing coaches without it being a fraudulent transaction. 

Don't forget the fact that the buses leave for the stadium a considerable amount of time before the game and don't come back to the stadium for pickup until 15 minutes after the game (this was based on the ONE time I used the system this year, couldn't stand it).  The bus system is a mess.  They could at least have a continuous system through the game for laggards or those who wish to return to campus early for whatever reason. 

USF has done a crap job at advertising locally.  The main revenue-earning teams are God-awful as of late.  There is no incentive for the average student to attend a game!  I can think of ten things to do on campus that would be more fun than watching us lose big time at basketball or humiliate ourselves at football.  Change the culture around USF athletics.  We spend big (student-paid-for) money, but lose big games.  The original article posted sounds good (even if it is about That Team up North), but only if we start winning.  Otherwise the loyalty points won't matter.