• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Preference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't think we are, "still" paying Leavitt.  I think that was a settlement and it's all been paid.  Holtz is only getting $500k a year, until 2017 and Cosh is off the books.  Heath's contract goes through 2018.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

IMO a coaches job is to win the conference.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We can't afford to fire another coach while we are paying Leavitt, Skip, and DW still.

He will be on a short leash this year though; One more season like this and Heath is gone, the new AD won't have it (at least, he'd better not).

Even though we are stuck in the AAC, it's still a good bball conference that should attract a decent coach.

Not so sure I agree. I'm beginning to think we can't afford to NOT make a change. We have been so bad recently, I think the boosters want to be assured that we've hit bottom and are on the way back up, that it won't ever get any worse than it has been. Keeping Stan around, especially after that last couple of meltdowns, doesn't reinforce that message.

I wonder if they'll intentionally delay the new AD announcement until after Stan loses the next game, whenever that is, thereby officially ending the season.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072

stan gets one more year

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

We can't afford to fire another coach while we are paying Leavitt, Skip, and DW still.

He will be on a short leash this year though; One more season like this and Heath is gone, the new AD won't have it (at least, he'd better not).

Even though we are stuck in the AAC, it's still a good bball conference that should attract a decent coach.

Not so sure I agree. I'm beginning to think we can't afford to NOT make a change. We have been so bad recently, I think the boosters want to be assured that we've hit bottom and are on the way back up, that it won't ever get any worse than it has been. Keeping Stan around, especially after that last couple of meltdowns, doesn't reinforce that message.

I wonder if they'll intentionally delay the new AD announcement until after Stan loses the next game, whenever that is, thereby officially ending the season.

Boosters you think the handfull of boosters at USF is what really drives USF athletics this isn't like other schools in that area.  I doubt even the largest booster could demand such a change

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Boosters you think the handfull of boosters at USF is what really drives USF athletics this isn't like other schools in that area.  I doubt even the largest booster could demand such a change

I'm guessing the Mumas would have a say.  Not final say, but when they talk people at USF athletics listen.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Harmon's official, so I guess we'll soon find out Stan's fate soon.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Doesn't start until April 7th...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

The day the last CBB game is played

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The day the last CBB game is played

As you well know that is terrible since the Final Four is the number 1 coach interview place