• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Stan be given one more year or be let go asap?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I think he may not get another year because of the new AD wanting to put his stamp on the program but I think if he did we'd hopefully see a lot of improvement in the team. Having Freshman bigs and no outside play to lean on was tough this year. Last year we had no bigs with plenty of outside play... hopefully next year we have a mixture of both... With all of that said I'm not a big fan of the way he calls games and how he sets up the offense towards the end of the game especially out of timeouts...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Right now it will be a major shock for many people nationwide if Heath is brought back. With the money coming in from the departing Big East schools, Harlan's immense connections, and ability to raise huge amounts of money, getting rid of Heath and bringing in a much better caliber head coach don't look like much of a problem at this point.

If the things you read about Harlan is true once he gets his on program to run, Stan Heath is DONE.

Stan started campaigning to be brought back at his last presser after the Temple loss. Heath will campaign much more after he gets his 20th loss of the season in a few days(because he knows the writing is on the wall), but it looks to be in vain.

The last time I read Heath campaigning for his job at this time of the year Arkansas still fired him.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I was unaware many people nationwide cared enough about us to have an opinion.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It's only nationwide because Vega may know a few people, on the internet, outside of Tampa.  

The team is poised for a good year next year, but if I am a new hire as an AD and I understood basketball, I would make the change immediately and bring in a big name, proven coach.  No matter who the coach is next year this team will be on the upswing...and for the next few years as well.  This is such an easy situation now for an AD to look like a shining star to bring if he makes a change.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's only nationwide because Vega may know a few people, on the internet, outside of Tampa.

The team is poised for a good year next year,

Maybe, but I'm really skeptical. We're bad, and lose two key players...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Skeptical is ok.

If it is truly the coaching and not the youth, look at what new coach would walk in with after next year:

Senior Collins

Junior Heath

Junior Egbunu

Junior Perry

Sophomore Holston

Sophomore Clayton

Sophomore Ziegler

If they return:

Senior Leday

Senior Hawkins.

If it really is the coaching and not the youth, that is a hell of a lot of talent with a good spread of experience over several classes.

Regardless of what Vega spouts off about, when he has some decent experience, Heath has proven he can produce winning teams.

I want to see how many tournament teams this year have 3 true freshmen on the court and are missing their best player. I bet not too many.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

"Nationwide" must mean me, in Arizona.  :)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,927
  • Days Won:  12

People are demanding a standard of excellence with the new AD. How he keeps Heath after what we saw this year will be a demonstration of what he accepts and doesn't accept. 

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Who cares, we'll make another mistake hire after another.

We are the the 80s Bengals, the 90s LA clippers, today's Cleveland Browns in all sports.

Tough times and no light anywhere in sight.

Go bulls

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Skeptical is ok.

If it is truly the coaching and not the youth, look at what new coach would walk in with after next year:

Senior Collins

Junior Heath

Junior Egbunu

Junior Perry

Sophomore Holston

Sophomore Clayton

Sophomore Ziegler

If they return:

Senior Leday

Senior Hawkins.

If it really is the coaching and not the youth, that is a hell of a lot of talent with a good spread of experience over several classes.

Regardless of what Vega spouts off about, when he has some decent experience, Heath has proven he can produce winning teams.

I want to see how many tournament teams this year have 3 true freshmen on the court and are missing their best player. I bet not too many.

Yeah, that talent won 12 games and has lost 8 straight. They could be better, but I'm not hitching my trailer to te idea that they'll be anywhere near good.