• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BaseBulls get the W against Northwestern 7-0

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  181
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't want to start a new topic so will just add that the Bulls won again tonight 4 - 2 scoring all 4 runs in one inning (6th I think). Good pitching again tonight. But read that we left 12 on base.

Seem to be doing that a lot here lately .... Kind of a good news/bad news type of thing.

Had discussed this on another thread a few days ago. A HR now and then clears the bases and you don't leave as many on base. You can have 18 hits in a game and not score if there are 2 singles in every inning. We did bunch some hits last night it appears in the one inning. Not complaining, just stating some concerns going forward. And different managers have different strategies. For those that remember Earl Weaver of the Orioles it was said that he played for the 3 run home run. Didn't bunt much, didn't steal much (overall, but he had some good baserunners at times). Get the guys on and wait for the long ball.

Homeruns are nice but I'll take the team that is reliable for pitching, getting hits, and walks. The top 2 teams in HRs in the MLB last year Baltimore, and Seattle didn't even make the playoffs. I know it's not college but still saber metrics don't lie!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Didn't want to start a new topic so will just add that the Bulls won again tonight 4 - 2 scoring all 4 runs in one inning (6th I think). Good pitching again tonight. But read that we left 12 on base.

Seem to be doing that a lot here lately .... Kind of a good news/bad news type of thing.

Had discussed this on another thread a few days ago. A HR now and then clears the bases and you don't leave as many on base. You can have 18 hits in a game and not score if there are 2 singles in every inning. We did bunch some hits last night it appears in the one inning. Not complaining, just stating some concerns going forward. And different managers have different strategies. For those that remember Earl Weaver of the Orioles it was said that he played for the 3 run home run. Didn't bunt much, didn't steal much (overall, but he had some good baserunners at times). Get the guys on and wait for the long ball.

Homeruns are nice but I'll take the team that is reliable for pitching, getting hits, and walks. The top 2 teams in HRs in the MLB last year Baltimore, and Seattle didn't even make the playoffs. I know it's not college but still saber metrics don't lie!

We don't have to lead the nation in HRs.  But a single followed by a HR results in 2 runs.  A single followed by a single and another single sometimes doesn't result in any runs with our lack of speed.