• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

3 Things USF's Mens Hoops Needs to Improve Next Season

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

First thing they can do is have a no-nonsense AD that demands performance from his head coaches and their teams.  Since I just received my notification for the 2014-2015 MBB season tickets, I have declined to commit until I can effectively evaluate (as a USF alumnus, donor, and fan) the hire at the AD position.  We'll know soon enough who this person is and what he is all about.  Until then, my commitment for MBB is on hold.

Here we go again with that babble ... although, you may want to change that to the ever popular "demands excellence". Less room for error or interpretation ...

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

First thing they can do is have a no-nonsense AD that demands performance from his head coaches and their teams.  Since I just received my notification for the 2014-2015 MBB season tickets, I have declined to commit until I can effectively evaluate (as a USF alumnus, donor, and fan) the hire at the AD position.  We'll know soon enough who this person is and what he is all about.  Until then, my commitment for MBB is on hold.

Here we go again with that babble ... although, you may want to change that to the ever popular "demands excellence". Less room for error or interpretation ...

Hey, I'm not the only one putting the brakes on further commitments to USF athletics.  TB Lightning tickets - got em, re-upped.  TB Rays tickets, got em and I'll re-up when it's time.  TB Bucs - gave up on them two years ago, USF Football - got em, could be last year contributing to this "sinking fund", USF MBB - On hold and any other USF athletic event - ON HOLD. They need to get their collective violation together. Capiche?

• Upvote 1

Hey, I'm not the only one putting the brakes on further commitments to USF athletics.  TB Lightning tickets - got em, re-upped.  TB Rays tickets, got em and I'll re-up when it's time.  TB Bucs - gave up on them two years ago, USF Football - got em, could be last year contributing to this "sinking fund", USF MBB - On hold and any other USF athletic event - ON HOLD. They need to get their collective violation together. Capiche?

No, me no capiche ... What exactly does "get their collective **** together" actually mean?  .... Or do we just dump that in with the other vague battle cries like "demand excellence/performance" that no one can seem to define?

To be honest, you probably shouldn't even bother to re-up your hoops tix this year. USF Men's BB season ticket holders are a special breed and it's not for the weak hearted. You should probably go ahead and wait for another post season appearance and then jump back in with the others. 

No, me no capiche ... What exactly does "get their collective **** together" actually mean?  .... Or do we just dump that in with the other vague battle cries like "demand excellence/performance" that no one can seem to define?

To be honest, you probably shouldn't even bother to re-up your hoops tix this year. USF Men's BB season ticket holders are a special breed and it's not for the weak hearted. You should probably go ahead and wait for another post season appearance and then jump back in with the others. 

Yawn................I tire of your incessant superfan drivel.  Wipe your chin, gumby.

Yawn................I tire of your incessant superfan drivel.  Wipe your chin, gumby.

LOL .... Figured you couldn't define it either .... Just more whining buzz words.

I'll await your monumental decision about renewing your hoops tickets and the "rationale" behind it.  :guinness:

LOL .... Figured you couldn't define it either .... Just more whining buzz words.

I'll await your monumental decision about renewing your hoops tickets and the "rationale" behind it.  :guinness:

The ONE thing you and I can always agree on, on a Friday   :guinness:

The ONE thing you and I can always agree on, on a Friday   :guinness:

I thought we agreed on going after a transgender AD??

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Find it funny that we got our email about renewing our BB season tickets for next season.  How about we see what USF does first with the hiring of the New AD and firing of Stan before they send out an email asking for more money?

As for 3 things we can do next season to improve in Mens Hoops:
1. Fire STAN HEATH

2. Fix the 2nd half adjustments( how many games this season have we led or were in the end of first half only to lose or get blown out in the 2nd half( coaching to blame mostly for not making adjustments, and conditioning (players and coaches to blame).

3. Offense (Need to get players who want to shoot the ball , not afraid to take a shot). (Cant score if your not attempting shots).

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

In order of priority

1) score more points than opponent more frequently

2) increase shooting percentage.

3) improve defense.

In order of priority

1) score more points than opponent more frequently

That's really the only thing they need to improve on ...