• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF struggling against Tex-Pan-American

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

We lost for two reasons:

1) Some UCF fans were running an illegal script which had us way ahead of UTPA for most of the week. Since we appeared to be safely in the lead, nobody was casting legitimate votes. Then when the illegal votes were thrown out, we were suddenly losing to UTPA in the final day of that round of voting.

2) BYU had the opposite happen. They appeared to be in a tight race with NDSU for most of the week, but it turned out most of NDSU's votes were illegal, so the morning of the final day of voting BYU jumped up to a 50% lead on NDSU. When this happened, they turned to voting for UTPA in order to knock UCF out of the contest.

I'm sure most of you don't really care, but since there was a thread on this topic I thought I would share what happened. BYU is taking this thing really seriously so they're probably going win by a large margin.

Any links or sources to prove this? Sounds like a lot of conjecture...

The source is my own observations.  All of the "elite eight" matchups had huge shifts Sunday Morning and the NCAA posted a statement that lots of people appeared to be running illegal scripts through email voting and all the emailed votes would be thrown out.

Regarding point #1, I was keeping an eye on the votes throughout the week. In our matchup with UTPA we had about 75% of the vote throughout the week and it didn't really change much. Then Sunday morning we suddenly dropped to about 22% of the vote.

Regarding point #2, as I said I was keeping an eye on the votes throughout the week and BYU's lead over NDSU stayed between 52%-54% for most of the week. Then Sunday morning BYU's lead jumped up to about 75% of the vote in their matchup.

On Sunday morning the UCF Nation facebook page (has about 100k subscribers) started posting that we had fallen behind and asked people to vote. Our vote percentage versus UTPA started to rise and it looked like we would overtake them with time to spare, but then our rise started to stall. I checked out the BYU message board and they had about a dozen threads about shifting over and focusing on voting for UTPA so that UCF would lose and they would have an easier opponent this week.

Seems like cheating has become part of the culture up in Orlando....

Yep, a couple fans running vote bots (just like fans of every other school still in the competition) is certainly indicative of the culture of an entire university. Just like a USF recruit being arrested must mean that USF has a thug culture, right?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Rocky is straight gangsta!

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

That would perhaps be a valid point if UCF hadn't been busted twice over a span of three years, along with other questionable behavior by your administration over the years, nevermind the reputation of your football coach.

We lost for two reasons:

1) Some UCF fans were running an illegal script which had us way ahead of UTPA for most of the week. Since we appeared to be safely in the lead, nobody was casting legitimate votes. Then when the illegal votes were thrown out, we were suddenly losing to UTPA in the final day of that round of voting.

2) BYU had the opposite happen. They appeared to be in a tight race with NDSU for most of the week, but it turned out most of NDSU's votes were illegal, so the morning of the final day of voting BYU jumped up to a 50% lead on NDSU. When this happened, they turned to voting for UTPA in order to knock UCF out of the contest.

I'm sure most of you don't really care, but since there was a thread on this topic I thought I would share what happened. BYU is taking this thing really seriously so they're probably going win by a large margin.

Any links or sources to prove this? Sounds like a lot of conjecture...

The source is my own observations.  All of the "elite eight" matchups had huge shifts Sunday Morning and the NCAA posted a statement that lots of people appeared to be running illegal scripts through email voting and all the emailed votes would be thrown out.

Regarding point #1, I was keeping an eye on the votes throughout the week. In our matchup with UTPA we had about 75% of the vote throughout the week and it didn't really change much. Then Sunday morning we suddenly dropped to about 22% of the vote.

Regarding point #2, as I said I was keeping an eye on the votes throughout the week and BYU's lead over NDSU stayed between 52%-54% for most of the week. Then Sunday morning BYU's lead jumped up to about 75% of the vote in their matchup.

On Sunday morning the UCF Nation facebook page (has about 100k subscribers) started posting that we had fallen behind and asked people to vote. Our vote percentage versus UTPA started to rise and it looked like we would overtake them with time to spare, but then our rise started to stall. I checked out the BYU message board and they had about a dozen threads about shifting over and focusing on voting for UTPA so that UCF would lose and they would have an easier opponent this week.

Yep, a couple fans running vote bots (just like fans of every other school still in the competition) is certainly indicative of the culture of an entire university. Just like a USF recruit being arrested must mean that USF has a thug culture, right?

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

Yup. And somehow, it works for them