• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bortles going pro early

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Will it be Pete's team now?

I hear Storm Johnson is leaving as well....

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Pete is number 3 ( currently)....but will likely compete for the job this spring, but he will have a lot of competition. Kid ahead of Pete can play. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Pete is number 3 ( currently)....but will likely compete for the job this spring, but he will have a lot of competition. Kid ahead of Pete can play.

Who's that? And have you also heard Storm is leaving?

Justin Holman.  I think Storm is on then fence for leaving, and probably will. He knows that his fumbles have hurt his stock overall, and the Fiesta performance elevated him again ( in my opinion) , so why not go. 

QB depth, and the Freshman may push  the guys above him in my opinion.

Justin Holman           6'4"        206                  Soph
Pete DiNovo             6'3"        210                   R-Fr
Tyler Harris               6'4"        219                  Fr   Starts school today.

RB position is well stocked as well, but the only person with Storm type moves, did not get playing time this year.  

It s all speculation....on my part. They still have a couple of schollies to give, and flipped an Ole Miss OL yesterday.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

bortles will get a big fat contract

he will do fine in the nfl

if he puts in the work he will do well

tought to say if he will be a franchise qb

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

He won't get a "big fat contract" unless he performs first. The structured contracts put in place by the most recent NFL collective bargaining agreement prevent the obscene contracts given to bums like Jamarcus Russell. He'll be a wealthy man with his first contract, but it will be modest compared to contracts given out to first-round quarterbacks in the past.

I'm not saying Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel will be a bust like Russell - though I would bet on at least one of the three being a total flop, probably Manziel because of his ****** attitude. I look at Manziel, and I see Ryan Leaf with a slightly better college career. But I think the best-case scenario for any of them is a career like that of Alex Smith - a No. 1 pick who has had a long career, but at no point has he been anywhere near an elite quarterback.

Edited by gobulls83
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Who's that? And have you also heard Storm is leaving?

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/source-ucf-rb-storm-johnson-to-enter-2014-nfl-draft/

According to a source close to the school, Central Florida RS junior RB Storm Johnson is expected to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. An official announcement should come after UCF finishes up their season, possibly in the BCS. Although I’m told the move has been no secret within the program.

The 6’0, 215 pound Miami Hurricanes transfer had a strong junior campaign, eclipsing 1,000 yards with 11 touchdowns. His best game came on November 9 vs. Houston, as he rushed for 127 yards on 28 carries. With a strong Combine, Johnson would be rated a solid day 2 draft choice.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Storm is gone too.

running back Storm Johnson to declare for NFL 

UCF running back Storm Johnson has decided to forgo his final year of eligibility and declare for the NFL draft, a source with direct knowledge of the decision told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday.

He will join quarterback Blake Bortles to announce his decision at a press conference this afternoon.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/knights-notepad/os-ucf-storm-johnson-declare-nfl-draft-20140106,0,4814577.post

Holman, big arm, runs over people..did it all day long in the spring game....and he whammed this poor UConn DB

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9882435&ex_cid=espnapi_public

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Glad Storm is leaving, too, but the #2 guy is a bruiser, and they seem to develope good RBs at UCF. I think 3 starting OL leave, but not sure who's behind them.

Even if the #2 QB is good, I'm sure losing Johnson & Bortles hurts...and I wonder if any of the WRs get to feeling crazy, and leave, too.