• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone Hoping UCF Wins Tonight?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

It doesn't matter how much UCF beats Baylor by, it's not going to do anything to improve the perception of the conference.  This conference is a turd.  No mater how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.  That being said, they're going to get creamed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

No.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I do. Just as SEC schools cheer for their conference mates, we need to adopt the same practice. Its all about the bigger picture. By all means i hope we stomp them next year.

Do you think alabama will root for auburn???

You think Alabama has to worry about the perception of their conference? A win by UCF may help make the case that the AAC belongs in the P5. That is the only good thing about their winning. Plus won't the conference get more money for a win?

LOL ............................................. That was supposed to be funny, right?

If UCF wins, you don't think it won't be talked about in the upcoming days?

What would happen if they win though, is they would get an invite to a P5 conference. How many seasons after WVU beat heavily favored UGA in the Sugar Bowl did they get an invite? And if one team leaves the AAC isn't that all it takes to void the TV contract?

West Virginia being invited to join the Big XII in 2012 had nothing at all to do with the 2006 Sugar Bowl. Nothing at all.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

I do. Just as SEC schools cheer for their conference mates, we need to adopt the same practice. Its all about the bigger picture. By all means i hope we stomp them next year.

Do you think alabama will root for auburn???

You think Alabama has to worry about the perception of their conference? A win by UCF may help make the case that the AAC belongs in the P5. That is the only good thing about their winning. Plus won't the conference get more money for a win?

LOL ............................................. That was supposed to be funny, right?

If UCF wins, you don't think it won't be talked about in the upcoming days?

Hopefully this will be a moot point but if they do win, you come back with any legit sources that mention this does anything at all to help the AAC to a P6 ...

What would happen if they win though, is they would get an invite to a P5 conference. How many seasons after WVU beat heavily favored UGA in the Sugar Bowl did they get an invite?

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

I want Bortles to have a great game so he can go pro... 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It doesn't matter how much UCF beats Baylor by, it's not going to do anything to improve the perception of the conference.  This conference is a turd.  No mater how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.  That being said, they're going to get creamed.

And why is it a turd? Oh yeah, because the ACC, Big 12 and Big 10 take the best teams. Its the mindset those in the P5 want people to have while they  lure away teams they think will make them look more attractive to ESPN when it comes to TV contact renewal time. The P5 don't want another conference in on their money train. There is a movement where people are cutting cords and those that don't watch sports don't want to pay for ESPN in their base plans. At some point they will win and when they do these huge tv contracts are going to take a hit.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I think I agree with what you said there, but that still doesn't mean UCF winning tonight will give the conference any added credibility.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think I agree with what you said there, but that still doesn't mean UCF winning tonight will give the conference any added credibility.

I saw more than one commentator this year talk about the good football being played by AAC teams despite the perception. It's got to be something to build upon, public perception. Everyone expects a blow out, they are the biggest underdog in BCS history and some of that is because they are an AAC team. This is the last chance for the AAC and the automatic bcs bid. UCF winning it will be like giving the finger to the P5.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277

Which is my point, and the point of the turd comment.  A win does nothing to the credibility of the conference.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

I am hoping Baylor puts up 100 points.

We need to get our football program back on track!  I hate watching these bowl games and we aren't in the conversation at all.