• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF doesn't impress me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,435
  • Days Won:  19

UCF is not great. USF is flat out awful. I am afraid both will remain irrelevant in coming years

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'd take an unimpressive 10-1 and a trip to a big time bowl any season. I wish USF wasn't so **** impressive with our 2-9.

This.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Because being ranked and playing a horrid 2 win team with no offense could in no way be considered a trap game. Several rivalry games this weekend were great. Underdogs almost universally played way over their abilities. Great weekend of football and rankings didn't mean squat across the country in many games. But rivalry hate and school pride did play a role in several games.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Because being ranked and playing a horrid 2 win team with no offense could in no way be considered a trap game. Several rivalry games this weekend were great. Underdogs almost universally played way over their abilities. Great weekend of football and rankings didn't mean squat across the country in many games. But rivalry hate and school pride did play a role in several games.

I guess they had trap games against Louisville, Houston, Memphis, USF, and Temple....

UCF is overrated and lucky. They aren't good. Expect for them to get blown out in the BCS bowl.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Rivalry games are a terrible way to judge a team.

I'm sure by the same token, Michigan fans weren't impressed with Ohio State's one-point win over their unranked team. That same unimpressive Ohio State team that struggled to put away inferior opponents is most likely headed to the National Championship game.

The same could be said about Oregon's one-point win against unranked Oregon State.

Rivalry games bring out the best in underdogs. Heck, a Top 20 USF team eeked out a win in overtime against a 4-8 UCF team back in 2008.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So how do you explain the Memphis and Temple games?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sure by the same token, Michigan fans weren't impressed with Ohio State's one-point win over their unranked team. That same unimpressive Ohio State team that struggled to put away inferior opponents is most likely headed to the National Championship game.

The same could be said about Oregon's one-point win against unranked Oregon State.

Rivalry games bring out the best in underdogs. Heck, a Top 20 USF team eeked out a win in overtime against a 4-8 UCF team back in 2008.

Agreed if that was UCF's only slip up...however, they eeked out wins against other terrible teams... Edited by bullsonparade

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

So how do you explain the Memphis and Temple games?

The same way I'd explain McNeese and FAU, we played terribly. For whatever reason, rivarly or otherwise, we played UCF better. They coughed up the ball five times, we couldn't capitalize, and we still took it on the chin despite giving them and their BCS dreams a bit of a scare. I'm looking forward to playing UCF year-in-and-year-out for the foreseeable future. It'll make for emotional games amongst both schools' normally apathetic fan bases.