• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

80 home games since 1997?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  446
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone else read the email from USF regarding Super Bull Suzanne Ward?

If I read it correctly, it states she's never missed a home game, been to all six bowl games, and caught the team on the occasional away game.  It then says she's seen the Bulls live 80 times.

I, too have been to all the bowl games.  I've never flown from Singapore, or wherever she has for a home game (nicely done, Suzanne)....but I have missed 5 home games over the years (won't bore you with the details of each....but I could)

I'm pretty sure 17 X 5,(or 6 or 7) > 80.  Right?

I mean, if we played only 5 home games a season, that would be more than 80. 

How many home games have we played?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

Yeah, the math is bad, but it doesn't matter... the point of the article is that she makes a pretty big sacrifice to see USF live. Weather it is 80 times or actually more, then good for her!

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

When you fly half way around the world for a home game, THEN you can question the math.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Now that is dedication.  Amazing job and certainly a Super Bull!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Good for her.

I counted a few years ago and I believe I had been to 38 USF games at the time (note I was a freshman in 2003).  At this point the number of games per season has waned as travel for work and weeknight games has become a struggle.  Now a move out of state and young children has all but put that to a screeching halt.

So, I've probably been to about 40-50 games over the years.  I look forward to my wife finishing her fellowship in 3 years as travelling for games (and in general) will be much more easy as time and money will increase.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

In looking at this (which doesn't include this season) , http://www.gousfbulls.com/pdf9/1774185.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=7700 , I counted 104 home games. That's 111 if you tally in the 2013 season.

Of that, the only one I missed was in 2002 against Southern Miss. The only bowl games I went to were the Meinekie in Charlotte ('05), the Sun in El Paso('07) and the one in St. Pete ('08,Magic Jack) .

As for away games, my first one was East Carolina back in '02, then we hit South Carolina in '04, Miami in '05, UNC in '06, NCSU in '08 and FSU in '09.

Pretty much decided that the next bowl/away game we attend will be when USF plays in a BCS (or whatever the new newly minted vernacular is) bowl.

A ton of great memories from those games. I'm tempted to see if I can't wrangle that '15 Maryland game into a visit with my friends in the Tidewater area. 

• 9 months later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

This is suzanne from portland. I am sitting here wet in the bulls club tent. I don't know what article yall are talking about, but here is the truth. I have not missed a home game since day 1. I moved to OR in 2003 and have flown in for all home games, all bowls and a couple away games each year. I will be in Wisconsin next weekend. I almost didn't make it last week due to plane trouble. United said they would fly me back home, but I said no -- I couldn't miss the game. I finally arrived for 3rd quarter. Then went back to airport and flew home. End of this season I will have 500,000 miles flown for USF games. The 80 games was 2003-2012. I am heading in now. GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Wow...awesome!!!! Your take on the current state of usf football???...btw i raised my two girls as a single dad and we traveled all over this country going to usf games, some of the best times of my life and i know they cherish those trips too...those were our family trips!!! Exploring every city's culture and attractions, in addition to the game..priceless

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This is suzanne from portland. I am sitting here wet in the bulls club tent. I don't know what article yall are talking about, but here is the truth. I have not missed a home game since day 1. I moved to OR in 2003 and have flown in for all home games, all bowls and a couple away games each year. I will be in Wisconsin next weekend. I almost didn't make it last week due to plane trouble. United said they would fly me back home, but I said no -- I couldn't miss the game. I finally arrived for 3rd quarter. Then went back to airport and flew home. End of this season I will have 500,000 miles flown for USF games. The 80 games was 2003-2012. I am heading in now. GO BULLS!

:applause: