• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jameis Winston investigated for Felony ****

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

All of that said, there is one thing that the Tally PD did not do that raises an eyebrow.  They did not talk to Winston or his roommate that was a potential witness.

If you recall the Kobe Bryant situation, multi-millionaire Kobe was sitting the local police department within hours of being accused of sexual battery.  Ultimately no charges were filed, but he was questioned.  I can't really think of a valid reason not to at least ask Winston about the incident.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Tally PD is now saying that the accuser's attorney told them in February they did not want to go forward with the investigation/prosecution.

That makes more sense on the part of the TPD sitting on the case, though it is still interesting that they did not even interview the potential witness.

After Tally PD was the party telling the girl there would be consequences if she wet forward!

Now there is a DNA link coming out that wasn't known in the OP.

This accusation was in January way before Winston was even a star. What were the investigators doing the past 11 months?

I guess it's an impossibility that the "victim" chose not to go forward with the charges back in January, but has since changed her mind since Winston has become a household name, right? Yeah, you're right, that could never happen.

Possible if the accuser is lying. USAtoday article

Quotes her as saying that was never true and she was shocked when she learned the police told Winston's lawyer the case was closed and that Winston had an attorney or knew anything at all. Also the state attorney was never notified of the case but Winston's attorney was notified is what I read.

Tally PD is now saying that the accuser's attorney told them in February they did not want to go forward with the investigation/prosecution.

That makes more sense on the part of the TPD sitting on the case, though it is still interesting that they did not even interview the potential witness.

It wasn't known to the general public. I'm sure the involved parties were all well aware that she had DNA evidence and that there was a 99% chance it pointed to Winston. Consensual sex isn't a crime, so this is mostly irrelevant.

My interpretation of the stories I have read we're that the DNA results just came out very recently.

After Tally PD was the party telling the girl there would be consequences if she wet forward!

This accusation was in January way before Winston was even a star. What were the investigators doing the past 11 months?

According to the Tally PD, the accuser did not want to go forward with prosecution. Almost impossible to gain a conviction without her cooperation.

That is what.

On this point it is the word of TPD vs the accusers who contends that is not true.