• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jameis Winston investigated for Felony ****

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Probably should be worded better.  This just means that there's no doubt that Winston was with the woman before the charges were filed.  The fact that his DNA is present is no indicator that a crime took place.  No indicator of whether or not any sexual contact was consensual or forcible.  

I believe they are going back over records now to see if there was any injury to the woman consistent with her story.  If not, it's going to come down to he said, she said.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

Probably should be worded better.  This just means that there's no doubt that Winston was with the woman before the charges were filed.  The fact that his DNA is present is no indicator that a crime took place.  No indicator of whether or not any sexual contact was consensual or forcible.  

I believe they are going back over records now to see if there was any injury to the woman consistent with her story.  If not, it's going to come down to he said, she said.  

I'm glad I'm married and not in college. If you go to a club and hook up the girl could then regret what she did. I am NOT making any excuse of sexual battery, but as you said, it comes down to a he said she said.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Tally PD is now saying that the accuser's attorney told them in February they did not want to go forward with the investigation/prosecution.  

That makes more sense on the part of the TPD sitting on the case, though it is still interesting that they did not even interview the potential witness.

That they were able to perform DNA testing does show that the accused went to the police or hospital relatively soon after the alleged attack. 

On the flip side, I can't believe the accused and her family thought the investigation was continuing all this time since February without hearing any more about it.  It could be considered curious that the accused re-appears after Winston is transformed from an unknown redshirt freshman to a household name.

Based on what we know right now, I could easily argue either side of this one.  Either way, I expect we'll find out a lot more stuff we don't want to know in the next couple of weeks.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

People are really gripping about this case up here in the land of the savages.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791

I'd bet this thing is over by next Wednesday.  I don't think the state can get a conviction;  state attorney Meggs will announce within next few days that state isn't proceeding.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/experts-prosecutors-face-hurdles-in-jameis-winston-sex-assault-case/2153657

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

So many strong opinions of the girl lying from a bunch of dudes that have no clue what happened.

I wonder if he was a character like Mike Tyson instead of a star qb in a good ole boy redneck town if the opinions would differ.

• Upvote 1