• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Sentinel rips UCF fan behavior

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not disputing the claim but I find it hard to believe that our fans would curse at a kid wearing UCF gear BEFORE the game ,that is a response to the claim that the ''profanity started right when they got to campus". I mean where were they tailgating or hanging out

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,429
  • Days Won:  422

I'm not disputing the claim but I find it hard to believe that our fans would curse at a kid wearing UCF gear BEFORE the game ,that is a response to the claim that the ''profanity started right when they got to campus". I mean where were they tailgating or hanging out

That's under the whole "if it's true" thing. If they were walking through where the students were tailgating, not too much sympathy .... but if they were somewhere where it was mixed between civilians and students, the students there should have shown some restraint .... and I may be wrong because it's not clear the way it was worded, but they may not have been cussing AT the kids, just every other word in their conversations was "****".

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

God forbid these kids hear some bad words.

Edited by Leviathan

God forbid these kids hear some bad words. Reminds me of those clowns at the SF Giant game that sued Roger McDowell for hurling insults to hecklers.

Can you buy alcohol at Orlando schools stadium?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

God forbid these kids hear some words. Reminds

Obviously you're not a parent.

I'm not above some f-bombs myself, but I'd really like to wait as long as possible for my kids to hear the words if I can.  Last thing I need is my kids getting in trouble at school or what have you for saying stuff either I said, or stuff they heard around me.

People can express displeasure with their sports teams without the profanity, and especially should upon request from parents of small children that are around them.  It's really not that much to ask.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,684
  • Days Won:  14

God forbid these kids hear some words. Reminds

Obviously you're not a parent.

I'm not above some f-bombs myself, but I'd really like to wait as long as possible for my kids to hear the words if I can.  Last thing I need is my kids getting in trouble at school or what have you for saying stuff either I said, or stuff they heard around me.

People can express displeasure with their sports teams without the profanity, and especially should upon request from parents of small children that are around them.  It's really not that much to ask.  

+1

I get that the game's emotional but I don't see any inextricable link between football and cursing.  And no, the problem is with the person cursing, not the rest of the world, because (without getting into a debate about societal norms) most people understand that cursing in public is not appropriate - even at a football game.  Now, at home, if one is alone or around people who don't care, knock yourself out...

Chances are by 9 the kid will have already heard those words. You can't protect them forever. It is your responsibility as a parent to teach them why they shouldn't use those words.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,429
  • Days Won:  422

God forbid these kids hear some bad words. Reminds me of those clowns at the SF Giant game that sued Roger McDowell for hurling insults to hecklers.

Right, real similar situations ...  :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Chances are by 9 the kid will have already heard those words. You can't protect them forever. It is your responsibility as a parent to teach them why they shouldn't use those words.

Ok, even if we give you that...is it too much to ask a supposedly rational human being to supress the language around kids?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

UCF fans blaming the victim. UCF lacks class plain and simple.