• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SPLIT-Has UCF already left us in the dust? (From a UCFer's perspective)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

with WVU, Cuse, Pitt all still in the BE... UCF would be the best team.

Nah.  They'd lose to one or 2 of them...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

It's their board. They can do what they want. 

Even with that, we allow a lot more freedom to UCF fans than UCF boards allow for USF fans

True, but like has been mentioned, it's because of the flexibility this set up offers. If all we had was just the Main Board, there wouldn't be that freedom, IMO ... but that would be Brad's call.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

GFZY and ambien - Two things...

1. Do NOT come on here and post what is not 100% correct information with links for back-up.

2. Please name the five on here that agreed on something. :clubfight:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

A little fun is fine, but if you do stupid stuff like say we were in CUSA for 10 years, what do you really expect in reply? Go to the American boards or other general boards if you want equal opportunity, this is The BULLS Pen. We only accept ignorance if you're a Bulls fan...oh wait, no, not even then.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

A little fun is fine, but if you do stupid stuff like say we were in CUSA for 10 years, what do you really expect in reply? Go to the American boards or other general boards if you want equal opportunity, this is The BULLS Pen. We only accept ignorance if you're a Bulls fan...oh wait, no, not even then.

Well, we are a little more tolerant of Bulls that are ignorant ... oh wait, no, not even then.  :D

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

It was pretty obviously to anyone that knew a little iota about USF Conf History that he particular poster confused USF's 10 year membership in CUSA (1995-1996 season to 2004-2005) with USF Football Conf Membership...as USF was a CUSA Member for 10 years for all sports but football...as football didn't join CUSA till 2003...as USF Football was just a CUSA Member for 2 seasons.

So yes, USF was a CUSA Member for 10 years (Olympic Sports) but just 2 years for football.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It was pretty obviously to anyone that knew a little iota about USF Conf History that he particular poster confused USF's 10 year membership in CUSA (1995-1996 season to 2004-2005) with USF Football Conf Membership...as USF was a CUSA Member for 10 years for all sports but football...as football didn't join CUSA till 2003...as USF Football was just a CUSA Member for 2 seasons.

Thereby making it an inaccurate post, which the original poster was quickly corrected on. Not too difficult to accept. I don't see what the big deal is.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

Maybe you should compare the Big East to Conference USA over the past few years. It is not even CLOSE as far as quality of football programs. I'd rather finish 5th in the big east than celebrate over a conference usa championship with the likes of 2-10 memphis 1-11 SMU and the rest of the garbage that has unfortunately made its way to the American..

You do realize that 3 out of 4 of USF's bowl wins have come against mid-major teams -- including the "garbage" teams like East Carolina and Memphis that you mentioned?  I wonder would you also rather not play a bowl game than win a bowl against such "garbage" competition?

You make it sound like every team in C-USA sucked.  There were (and are) very good teams in mid-major conferences like C-USA, MAC and MWC.  Teams won't win championships in these lesser conferences without being good football teams.  I doubt bottom feeders from the Power 5 conferences would be able to win them.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Maybe you should compare the Big East to Conference USA over the past few years. It is not even CLOSE as far as quality of football programs. I'd rather finish 5th in the big east than celebrate over a conference usa championship with the likes of 2-10 memphis 1-11 SMU and the rest of the garbage that has unfortunately made its way to the American..

You do realize that 3 out of 4 of USF's bowl wins have come against mid-major teams -- including the "garbage" teams like East Carolina and Memphis that you mentioned?  I wonder would you also rather not play a bowl game than win a bowl against such "garbage" competition?

You make it sound like every team in C-USA sucked.  There were (and are) very good teams in mid-major conferences like C-USA, MAC and MWC.  Teams won't win championships in these lesser conferences without being good football teams.  I doubt bottom feeders from the Power 5 conferences would be able to win them.

I don't care who our Bowl Wins have come against. Did you hear me talking up the wins against Memphis and East Carolina? NO. If winning an absolute TRASH conference is higher on your want list rather than playing a tough schedule and playing respectable to very good programs week in and week out throughout the regular season and being in an AQ conference that is where we differ. Being a "good team" in C-USA, MAC, WAC, etc doesn't make you a "good team" in the college football world, it makes you a good team in your conference. Beating up on 2-10 Memphis, 0-12 SMU, 5-7 East Carolina, 4-8 Marshall, and the rest of the garbage in that conference is AWFULLY IMPRESSIVE THOUGH. I am shocked they didn't let UCF play for the national championship the year they had 11 wins.