• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SPLIT-Has UCF already left us in the dust? (From a UCFer's perspective)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Awesome pictures you guys...

...I'm trying to find a photo I remember seeing several years back.  It's of a USF fan holding up a sign that says "GOT BCS?"

Thanks!  :D

------------------------

But seriously, USF will be back and competitive in what's left of the AAC.

Those arguments saying "but if we were in C-USA we would've won the conference"....the Big East wasn't all that great even with such powerhouses as Pitt and Syracuse.  And USF finished last in that conference a few years in a row.  I don't think there's a dead-last conference team in any of the major BCS conferences that could've won a Sun Belt/MAC/Conference USA/Mountain/WAC at any point.  Bad is bad.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Awesome pictures you guys...

...I'm trying to find a photo I remember seeing several years back.  It's of a USF fan holding up a sign that says "GOT BCS?"

Thanks!  :D

------------------------

But seriously, USF will be back and competitive in what's left of the AAC.

Those arguments saying "but if we were in C-USA we would've won the conference"....the Big East wasn't all that great even with such powerhouses as Pitt and Syracuse.  And USF finished last in that conference a few years in a row.  I don't think there's a dead-last conference team in any of the major BCS conferences that could've won a Sun Belt/MAC/Conference USA/Mountain/WAC at any point.  Bad is bad.

Maybe you should compare the Big East to Conference USA over the past few years. It is not even CLOSE as far as quality of football programs. I'd rather finish 5th in the big east than celebrate over a conference usa championship with the likes of 2-10 memphis 1-11 SMU and the rest of the garbage that has unfortunately made its way to the American..

Big East: Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Uconn, West Virginia, Syracuse 

vs.

Conf USA: Memphis, Marshall, East Carolina, Rice, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, UAB, UTEP.... Talk about a TRASH conference....

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

with WVU, Cuse, Pitt all still in the BE... UCF would be the best team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

There is something to be said that teams like Rice and Marshall are capitalizing on the defection of the better competition and the influx of new teams. Even Tulane and UT-SA of all programs are getting some wins in. When Old Dominion joins, they'll probably take ECU's spot as a high scoring, winning team from the East Division. If anyone ever wanted to talk about getting passed by, look no farther than programs like UTEP, UAB, and Southern Miss, to an extent.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17

Here's the problem. USF was in CUSA for 10 years and didn't win the conference. USF was/is in BE/AAC and still haven't won it. The simple fact is you've still yet to win your conference while you play in it!

UCF played in CUSA for 7 years and won twice and played in four championships. UCF is in the American for 1 year and is on its way to a championship.  

UCF hasn't left USF in the dust, yet, and won't until there is conference separation. But, we've now got a HUGE lead on you in all tangible and intangibles.

Go ahead and celebrate your 4-0 and 64-12. The more you hold on to that, the further behind us you will go.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Here's the problem. USF was in CUSA for 10 years and didn't win the conference. USF was/is in BE/AAC and still haven't won it. The simple fact is you've still yet to win your conference while you play in it!

UCF played in CUSA for 7 years and won twice and played in four championships. UCF is in the American for 1 year and is on its way to a championship.

UCF hasn't left USF in the dust, yet, and won't until there is conference separation. But, we've now got a HUGE lead on you in all tangible and intangibles.

Go ahead and celebrate your 4-0 and 64-12. The more you hold on to that, the further behind us you will go.

Sorry sparky, USF was in CUSA for two years.

You can adjust your conference championship win % from 0% to 0%. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Glad that UCF math class is paying off for ya sparky.

Glad that UCF math class is paying off for ya sparky.

Dividends.