• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,465
  • Days Won:  422

Houston caught us looking ahead to Temple. We'll be ready for USF.

Caught them looking ahead to Temple?????? What a crock of ****.

I am so sick of these whining crybabies. We are going to roll into Mousetown and put their ass back in place. Our defensive front is gonna make Bortles cry some more. White is gonna white-out their blackout.  The trolls will be silly quiet after that.

Jeez. You USF fans can't sense sarcasm if it hit you square between your horns. It was a joke. No sense of humor either.

Goldie is right on this one .... Could be a first.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

UCF has to lose TWICE to miss the BCS.

Houston plays Louisville next week.  The winner will still only have 1 loss in conference: to UCF.  If UCF only loses once, and the Houston/L'ville winner also has one loss, UCF wins the head-to-head tie breaker.

Even if they lose twice, they can still make it to the BCS.  When there are 3 or more teams, you do a 'round robin' of records.  If UCF, Houston, and Louisville end up tied with 2 losses, UCF still goes because they are 2-0 against the other two.

I beg to differ.  I'm 99% sure that in the event of a tie the highest ranked team takes precedence in the tiebreaker over head to head records.  If UCF takes a loss and Louisville wins out, UL will be ranked higher.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

UCF will win the head-to-head tie breaker.

Houston plays Louisville next week.  The winner will still only have 1 loss in conference: to UCF.  If UCF only loses once, and the Houston/L'ville winner also has one loss, UCF wins the head-to-head tie breaker.

Even if they lose twice, they can still make it to the BCS.  When there are 3 or more teams, you do a 'round robin' of records.  If UCF, Houston, and Louisville end up tied with 2 losses, UCF still goes because they are 2-0 against the other two.

I beg to differ.  I'm 99% sure that in the event of a tie the highest ranked team takes precedence in the tiebreaker over head to head records.  If UCF takes a loss and Louisville wins out, UL will be ranked higher.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

They look solid all around. They are well coached. Have a superior back, superior QB and solid OL.

They also have receivers that can catch.

Depending on how our offense comes develops we can win (anytime you play an in state opponent anything can happen), but I don't see them losing 2 conference games.

I'm still not sold on Bortles.  Every game I've watched he's thrown at least one terrible interception.  Not a tipped ball or a receiver falling down, but thrown it directly to a defender, and he did it again last night.  Also, the UCF line got zero pressure on O'Korn.  Almost none at all. 

On the other hand, I think UCF did a reasonably good job in the secondary.  But later in the game Houston was pretty much throwing at will.  There were several drops by Houston receivers, including the third down TD.  UCF is pretty good, but not as good as their record.  They lost the Memphis game, the refs bailed them out.  

The real talented player they have is Storm Johnson, he's a beast.

They are beatable, but we'll also have to beat the refs who will be gunning to have a ranked UCF win that game instead of us.  

And we'll be playing in that dreadful stadium.  Another horrible experience last night.  If USF intends to put together that kind of crap for an OCS, I'll pass.  Texas builds better high school stadiums with better parking.  It's really unbelievable watching people drag their tailgating supplies 15 minutes in one direction to put it back in their cars, then have to walk back 25 minutes the other direction to get into the aluminum stadium.  It's a joke.

That 1% gets you:

Two-Way Tie

1.  The winner of the head to head match-up will represent The American in the Bowl Championship Series.
2.  If still tied, the highest-ranked team in the final BCS standings will be the BCS representative.

http://theamerican.org/documents/2013/8/15/Tie-Breaking_Procedures.pdf

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The game was fun to watch, too bad UH didn't finish the deal. I don't know about the comment that Bortles isn't all that great. He may make a bad throw, but then come back and throw a strike for a TD--he has a short memory, strong head game. Although the game was a toss-up at the end and they might have got a little lucky, UCF still earned the W like they did with UL.

But that showed me they're beatable. By us? I don't know, would have to see how we do with Memphis. I don't see us getting throttled, though. We're still rising from the ashes, but you have to like our odds a whole lot better than 4 weeks ago!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

And we'll be playing in that dreadful stadium.  Another horrible experience last night.  If USF intends to put together that kind of crap for an OCS, I'll pass.  Texas builds better high school stadiums with better parking.  It's really unbelievable watching people drag their tailgating supplies 15 minutes in one direction to put it back in their cars, then have to walk back 25 minutes the other direction to get into the aluminum stadium.  It's a joke.

Were you at UCF yesterday? You have to hate Life and what makes College Football Gamedays great if you are complaining about the atmosphere on the UCF Campus that started at 11am and went way past midnight. And if you can afford a Garage or Lot D parking pass your tent and tailgate stuff is literally 2 minute walk from your car. 

As far as Bortles, yes he struggled but he is still clearly the 2nd Best QB in the AAC

And if you can afford a Garage or Lot D parking pass your tent and tailgate stuff is literally 2 minute walk from your car.

That's picnicking, not tailgating ...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Not quite right. There is still a wild card out there. CINcinatti. What, you say? Cincy and UCF don't play. Cincy is 4-1 in conference. If they win out and wind up BCS ranked and we beat UCF. Cincy and UCF are tied. No head to head. A loss to the weak USF plummets UCF in the BCS and Cincy is the BCS bowl selection over the 1 AAU loss UCF.

Sorry shadow you are 99% wrong. head to head is the first tiebreaker

Edited by Bullwinkle

Not quite right. There is still a wild card out there. CINcinatti. What, you say? Cincy and UCF don't play. Cincy is 4-1 in conference. If they win out and wind up BCS ranked and we beat UCF. Cincy and UCF are tied. No head to head. A loss to the weak USF plummets UCF in the BCS and Cincy is the BCS bowl selection over the 1 AAU loss UCF.

Love the thinking but no way it would happen. UC has lost to two bad teams and don't think they are anywhere close to being ranked and winning out wouldn't propel them above the Kanigits after a loss to us ...