• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Day of Reckoning for UM, could help USF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

And I thought Florida fans were bad...

The difference is UF's confident enough in their school and football team that they don't have to go around trying to convince people of how good they are.

Yeah, they are pretty sure of themselves these days.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276

You guys actually believe that your players weren't paid...Gotcha. Keep living with your head in the sand

Our players were not paid by anyone at the university, nor anyone directed by the university.  One guy, who at one point was trying to sign guys to an agency, provided money.  The money was for his benefit, to get guys to sign with his agency, not for UM's benefit.

That's all I care about.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-22.pn

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

You guys actually believe that your players weren't paid...Gotcha. Keep living with your head in the sand

Our players were not paid by anyone at the university, nor anyone directed by the university.  One guy, who at one point was trying to sign guys to an agency, provided money.  The money was for his benefit, to get guys to sign with his agency, not for UM's benefit.

That's all I care about.

If that is what makes you feel better...

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

The Miami fans are coming out of the wood works; dust off the jerseys. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276

For a team with such a storied history, Miami hasn't done anything lately past this year. You guys have won 9 games three times since 2004.  Other than that you haven't won more than 7. You haven't even won a bowl game since 2006. You're trying to put down a football team that's been around since 1997 vs a Miami team that has been around for a lot longer. Maybe you should look more into your team's history. Real classy university. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/824471-miami-hurricanes-football-scandal-ncaas-top-5-infamous-programs/page/5

Here's my favorite part of the article:

Everybody is aware of Miami's current situation which could land it the death penalty, as numerous players have been named in a scandal which dates back to 2002.  That scandal involved paying over a million dollars to Miami football players, including $50,000 to NFL athlete Vince Wilfork.

So your favorite part of the article involves a sentence that states (as if it was a fact) that over a MILLION dollars was paid to Miami players, when the reality is that the NCAA, using Bankruptcy Court proceedings, could not even establish a fraction of that (part of the money that UM paid to the Bankrupcty Court was a payback of donations made to UM, which was nearly $60K.  Then you have about $80K paid to 2 guys to sign with a particular sports agent after their eligibility had expired.

Therefore, the NCAA was able to substantiate less than $30K of extra benefits paid to players during their playing days.

Brilliant.

But I'm glad you enjoyed that fact-free section of the "Bleacher Report" article.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9859464/miami-hurricanes-told-expect-ncaa-decision

Shapiro said he spent millions between 2002 and 2010 on football and men's basketball recruits, athletes and coaches. A study of the allegations by The Associated Press found the NCAA was able to identify only about $173,330 in so-called extra benefits. Still, the institutional control charge is considered the worst that the governing body for college sports can bring against a member school.

I guess ESPN didn't fact check either did they? Maybe you should fact check or math check. You left off about $170,000

Uhh...I'm not the one that needs help with math...

Please re-read my numbers and apologize.  I'm a CPA, I can certainly do math.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

So this is a payback for 3 years ago some Bulls fans supposedly trolling one of your boards about the Big 4 .... Dude, you've got some serious issues.

Once again, revisionist history. Let's go back a month or so.

I came here in the days or weeks leading up to our game. In state rival, let's see what they are saying. What do I see? No football talk, but plenty of comments about their thug fans, their thug players, nobody goes to their games, never set foot on campus, etc. I get it, it's your board. But if your fans are going to be that ignorant, then I was absolutely going to jump in and spread a little truth.

You have a bitter taste in your mouth toward Miami fans, and you gladly dismiss football talk to focus on that hatred.

If you're here a month after our game whining about this, you don't get it ... 

I'm not whining about it. You asked. I came here to see if we were still getting crushed by sanctions.

And your school isn't, yet you are still here doing your little part to drive traffic to this slice of USF on the web. Fixation? Trying to sway opinion?