• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The New, Improved Dumbgeon (Including Random Thoughts from around the site by UCF and UM fans)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Right.... I have family that graduated recently from UCF.... there is no culture of pride there. LOL

Lol some UCF grads I met in grauduate school UCF was an after thought.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Right.... I have family that graduated recently from UCF.... there is no culture of pride there. LOL

Not kidding with this one:

I'm in grad school at FSU and one of my buddies in the program once claimed he is prouder of his diploma from Cypress Bay HS than UCF lol. He loves Orlando and the environment down there, but not so much the actual school.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I will add I never once saw them wear anything UCF but I wore bulls gear all the time to the lab and campus and even saw a few times other students with a USF shirt on campus.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Don't believe it.  Oliver Luck is fully aware of what USF brings as opposed to UCF, with USF having faced WVU in some epic battles.

Luck doesn't want to work with Genshaft anymore. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Don't believe it.  Oliver Luck is fully aware of what USF brings as opposed to UCF, with USF having faced WVU in some epic battles.

Luck doesn't want to work with Genshaft anymore. 

Right, everyone knows that he's clammoring to work with . . . . Wait, who's UCF's A.D. and President again? :popcorn:

amazing how people can participate in this thread and STILL think that performance on the field is some sort of big factor that these conferences care about.

Utah and TCU's invites into the Power 5 were very performance based. It depends on the conference and whether it fits their profile. For example every member of the BIG12 plays in their own stadium so I don't see that changing.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

For example every member of the BIG12 plays in their own stadium so I don't see that changing.

I hope you had a towel nearby after you typed that sentence, as much pleasure as it likely gave you to type it ... 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

amazing how people can participate in this thread and STILL think that performance on the field is some sort of big factor that these conferences care about.

Utah and TCU's invites into the Power 5 were very performance based. It depends on the conference and whether it fits their profile. For example every member of the BIG12 plays in their own stadium so I don't see that changing.

I'd be willing to bet that Judy and Doug would agree to cobble together USF's own Bounce House stadium for $50 million if it made the difference.

If UCF had a really impressive 250+ million dollar stadium it might set them apart, but we could have that stadium in 3 years easy.

For example every member of the BIG12 plays in their own stadium so I don't see that changing.

I hope you had a towel nearby after you typed that sentence, as much pleasure as it likely gave you to type it ... 

it's true just like AAU is for the BIG10. The ACC seems to be the Power 5 that takes the metro schools that play in NFL stadiums off campus. I don't see the BIG12 doing that, It's the 2 big dogs Texas-Oklahoma with the rest being mostly around 50K On Campus Stadiums

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That leaves UCF out.