• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Zebold: Taggart Glad He Got the Right Guy to Lead Defense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

LOL ... Using a BR "article" to reinforce an already weak point. If there was even a shred of credibility left in the argument against CB, it's vanished without a trace.

I was about to raise the same point.... Slick... you used Bleacher Report to back this up? Really?

Yea, because he wrote the article

Lol

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,404
  • Days Won:  13

LOL ... Using a BR "article" to reinforce an already weak point. If there was even a shred of credibility left in the argument against CB, it's vanished without a trace.

I was about to raise the same point.... Slick... you used Bleacher Report to back this up? Really? 

And I just used Yahoo Sports and Raider Nation Times, the equivalent of say, The Pewter Mug, in my last post. So? You think he because BR has articles about how bad his defense is that its not true? There are tons of articles from all types of sources, SF Gate, San Jose Mercury, etc.. The internet is full of them. Go look for yourself and see if you can find an article about how great a DC he is late in the season in his last DC job.

Yea, because he wrote the article

Lol

Not only lame, but predictable. I think PeanutGallery is available for your screen name.

Still wait on you finding anything positive late in 2011 about his coaching.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/raiders-deny-bresnahan-report

Oakland allowed 433 points in 2011, the second most in franchise history. Bresnahan was hired as defensive assistant by former owner Al Davis in the 2010 offseason then promoted to coordinator.

Last season Oakland posted franchise worsts in TD passes allowed (31), yards per carry (5.1), yards passing (4,262) and total yards (6,201).

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Spin it how you want the guy was an NFL D coordinator.  NFL coach got fired and then had any success in college(Steve something or other) - hard to imagine. 

Spin it how you want, the last DC job he had in 2011 he wasn't asked back and his D gave up over 5 yards/play over 400 yards a  game. No NFL coach has asked him to come in as DC coach last year or this. There are 5 new DC coordinators in the NFL this year alone. If he is so great, why didn't he get one of those jobs?

Under this theory, Nick Saban sucked at coaching the Dolphins therefore he will suck coaching at Alabama.  Oh, wait.

Slick, not many people on here are saying we are thrilled that CCB was the first choice at D coordinator.  Most are just saying let's just trust the choice and give him at least a year to implement and run his system.  If his system isn't working well in the first half of the year, I'm not sure firing mid-season will save any type of BCS or other bowls hopes we all dream for.

No one is arguing your main point of firing the guy if he doesn't do the job, I'll be the second guy in line behind you, but we just disagree on time frame being mid-season.

I think we all agree that we want the defense to be camping out in everyone's backfield this fall.  Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Oakland allowed 433 points in 2011, the second most in franchise history. Bresnahan was hired as defensive assistant by former owner Al Davis in the 2010 offseason then promoted to coordinator.

Last season Oakland posted franchise worsts in TD passes allowed (31), yards per carry (5.1), yards passing (4,262) and total yards (6,201).

Make sure you hold your breath while you wait.  Promise it will be just a little longer.

• Upvote 1

Spin it how you want the guy was an NFL D coordinator.  NFL coach got fired and then had any success in college(Steve something or other) - hard to imagine. 

Spin it how you want, the last DC job he had in 2011 he wasn't asked back and his D gave up over 5 yards/play over 400 yards a  game. No NFL coach has asked him to come in as DC coach last year or this. There are 5 new DC coordinators in the NFL this year alone. If he is so great, why didn't he get one of those jobs?

Under this theory, Nick Saban sucked at coaching the Dolphins therefore he will suck coaching at Alabama.  Oh, wait.

Slick, not many people on here are saying we are thrilled that CCB was the first choice at D coordinator.  Most are just saying let's just trust the choice and give him at least a year to implement and run his system.  If his system isn't working well in the first half of the year, I'm not sure firing mid-season will save any type of BCS or other bowls hopes we all dream for.

No one is arguing your main point of firing the guy if he doesn't do the job, I'll be the second guy in line behind you, but we just disagree on time frame being mid-season.

I think we all agree that we want the defense to be camping out in everyone's backfield this fall.  Go Bulls

Well, that isn't the vibes I am getting from many like GAUSFBULL or Hem, etc..

He may be fine. But you do realize that the AAC has no auto bid to the big bowls after this year and every day the P5 seem to announce another bowl game they've signed another 6 year contract with, the SEC alone now has 10 guaranteed bowl spots for 14 teams. So yeah, mid season might seem harsh, but this is a unique season and who knows when USF is going to be in an auto qualifying conference again.

Make sure you hold your breath while you wait.  Promise it will be just a little longer.

You on BR writing one?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You on BR writing one?

I might as well be, since any hack can get on there and write something, sound a little bit authoritative and get guys like you slobbering all over it and acting like it's gospel.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Well, that isn't the vibes I am getting from many like GAUSFBULL or Hem, etc..

He may be fine. But you do realize that the AAC has no auto bid to the big bowls after this year and every day the P5 seem to announce another bowl game they've signed another 6 year contract with, the SEC alone now has 10 guaranteed bowl spots for 14 teams. So yeah, mid season might seem harsh, but this is a unique season and who knows when USF is going to be in an auto qualifying conference again.

I understand the new rules.  If we have a great record and win the conference in the coming years, we still have a great chance to go to a BCS bowl under the best of G5 rule.  It's crappier than what we have now, but it could be worse.  I know Boise St will be the other likely compeitior each year for that slot, but not all hope is lost.

I personally don't mind the hire of CCB.  I am merely trying to point out that if we weren't strapped for time when CCB was hired, I think all of our lists might had different first choices in defensive coordinators.  I think we did the best with the hand we were dealt.