• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Zebold: Veterans Ahead in Race for Starting QB Spot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Bench should hope to be the backup. He'd be the most popular player on the team.

But he'd just be sitting on the b......ohhhhhh

I can only imagine the signs at RayJay if we have a rough season and Bench is QB1 and struggling.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Not sure why but my gut feeling is that Floyd leads the team this year, barring injury or fumbleitis .... Would lean toward Bench if the only thing he has over Matt & Bobby wasn't that he's not them. Like Ga said, though, I don't really care who's at qb, just be productive ...

Agreed about being productive, I don't care if we make Lamar Robbins the QB..as long as he's the best one out there.

But man I just don't see it.

We were going after grad transfer QB's with immediate playing ability before we got Bench. And even then Bench is good to go on the 31st, he's just not a grad transfer.

Why go through all that trouble for just "competition" or "depth"?

It seemed obvious that he was looking for someone THIS year. Floyd and Eveld were both so bad that he went out on a national search for another QB, and not just any QB...a QB that could play NOW. Your never going to hear him say they both aren't good enough, but if that doesn't scream "these guys are not up to the task"...nothing does.

If Bench just wanted to come here out of the blue and CWT said, "Ok sure" that's one thing...but we went on a MANHUNT.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This could be interesting.  It seems that Floyd is going to make it a race.  I had thought that Bench might win this by default.

I really don't have much concern about fumbling snaps.  It's pretty clear that CWT won't put up with that, so it must have been corrected.

Exactly!!

Didn't you see my name?  No one is supposed to agree with me.

And maybe they haven't improved. Nobody is talking about last year (unless being asked for stats). We are talking about what we've seen so far THIS YEAR and its been "meh" at BEST from both Floyd and Eveld.

Really?  I didn't know you've been attending every practice.  How did Floyd look on Saturday?

I have, right from your mom's house to the practice field everyday

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I wasn't around for the Ronnie Banks/Pat Julmiste days, but I've heard stories from people.  I don't know how badly they were booed, if they were booed, but I would bet that Matt Floyd would get rained by a chorus of boos after he fumbles for the first time; and the booing will be the worst ever on a player for the home team here. 

I still stand by my belief that this kid's confidence is SHOT.  He had an entire offseason to think about and work on his fumbling issue.  He had all spring practice with the new system, which is obviously under center for the majority of the time at least we believe it will be.  And then he comes out for the spring game, and how much has changed?  NOTHING!  If anything, he's gotten worse.  To me, that Spring Game was the final nail in the coffin.  Unless Willie Taggart is a resurrection artist, he has seen his last playing time as a starter.

At this point in camp, the newcomers are still learning the system.  We all know Bench and White are more talented, and I wouldn't write White off yet as an automatic RS.  He could be the backup or even the starter when the season comes around.  But I will bet that by the end of the Vero camp, Bench and/or White's names will be more popular in praise than the other two.  And then by McNeese or Sparty, Bench or White will be the guy going forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It seemed obvious that he was looking for someone THIS year. Floyd and Eveld were both so bad that he went out on a national search for another QB, and not just any QB...a QB that could play NOW. Your never going to hear him say they both aren't good enough, but if that doesn't scream "these guys are not up to the task"...nothing does.

I don't disagree that CWT wanted someone for this year.  He got someone, but the transfer has to earn the spot, and you have to admire that.  For now, just trust that whoever gets in there on gameday is the person that grasps how to play QB in Coach T's system the best, and we pretty much have no choice to roll with that and hope for the best.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

And maybe they haven't improved. Nobody is talking about last year (unless being asked for stats). We are talking about what we've seen so far THIS YEAR and its been "meh" at BEST from both Floyd and Eveld.

Really?  I didn't know you've been attending every practice.  How did Floyd look on Saturday?

Are you 12? GROW UP!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,211
  • Days Won:  422

Not sure why but my gut feeling is that Floyd leads the team this year, barring injury or fumbleitis .... Would lean toward Bench if the only thing he has over Matt & Bobby wasn't that he's not them. Like Ga said, though, I don't really care who's at qb, just be productive ...

Agreed about being productive, I don't care if we make Lamar Robbins the QB..as long as he's the best one out there.

But man I just don't see it.

We were going after grad transfer QB's with immediate playing ability before we got Bench. And even then Bench is good to go on the 31st, he's just not a grad transfer.

Why go through all that trouble for just "competition" or "depth"?

If Bench just wanted to come here out of the blue and CWT said, "Ok sure" that's one thing... but we went on a MANHUNT.

We were tied to some qb's that wanted to transfer because it was pretty common knowledge we didn't have a solidified starter returning ... Would hardly call that a "manhunt" ... and competition and depth are **** good reasons for whatever "trouble" you're talking about going through, considering we only had one true scholarship qb on the roster when CWT got here.

Are you 12? GROW UP!

defiant-peewee-meme-generator-i-know-you

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,211
  • Days Won:  422

We all know Bench and White are more talented, 

Based on what?