• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zebold: Veterans Ahead in Race for Starting QB Spot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I would be shocked if Floyd hadn't been working on this since the end of last year, to where it's not really an issue for him anymore.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Some of you act like players don't/can't improve from year to year. For all we know Bobby and Matt could both be playing great. Who knows maybe Bobby's lack of speed won't be that much of a liability now that we've become a run first type of offense. Maybe Matt has corrected the fumble problem and is much more comfortable in the new type of offense. Like Coach said, lets leave last year behind.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

And maybe they haven't improved. Nobody is talking about last year (unless being asked for stats). We are talking about what we've seen so far THIS YEAR and its been "meh" at BEST from both Floyd and Eveld.

Didn't they work out all spring? Didn't Floyd work on his snaps then and go to some special QB camp? Pretty sure he went ahead and fumbled 4 times in the spring game anyway.

By the end of the week, volumes will be spoken in terms of how much progress truly was made.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Eveld and Floyd had a big advantage learning the offense in the Spring. Seems to me if indeed Bench is better he'll take the reins early in the season. If not then the better of Eveld and Floyd will. In any case I trust Coach T to not play politics and go with the best option available. We just have to pray that the best option available is good enough to get us to 6-6 (at least).

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I see a competition between Floyd and Bench. Floyd has more upside than Eveld. Yes I know his stats weren't great but he was a RS freshman playing for a team that had lost best RB and had tanked. I want Bench to win but I think Floyd could be good also.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

All we can hope for at this point is that SOMEONE shows out enough to where it's OBVIOUS who should be starting.  I don't care if it's Bench, Floyd or Eveld - just whoever does the best job of knowing the plays, getting guys where they need to be, and executing the plays.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Bench should hope to be the backup. He'd be the most popular player on the team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Bench should hope to be the backup. He'd be the most popular player on the team.

But he'd just be sitting on the b......ohhhhhh

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Not sure why but my gut feeling is that Floyd leads the team this year, barring injury or fumbleitis .... Would lean toward Bench if the only thing he has over Matt & Bobby wasn't that he's not them. Like Ga said, though, I don't really care who's at qb, just be productive ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

And maybe they haven't improved. Nobody is talking about last year (unless being asked for stats). We are talking about what we've seen so far THIS YEAR and its been "meh" at BEST from both Floyd and Eveld.

Really?  I didn't know you've been attending every practice.  How did Floyd look on Saturday?

• Downvote 1