• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Media Day on ESPN3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Well, if anyone was going to snub anyone ... it would have been O'Liar and Chortles.   :P

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

What? O'Leary bagged over from last night?

They had to take an early flight back because they start camp. While somewhat understandable, it just doesn't look good for your new conference. They should've known ahead of time and made arrangements to be on "theamerican.org". IMO it shows no respect for your conference and your fellow conference mates.
Totally inexcusable. Either start camp later tonight or tomorrow or let the assistants start the first day. Two kids and the HC missing for a couple of hours on the first day won't have any impact on the season. What a moron.Way to be supportive of the coference.

Do you all even follow this stuff prior to what you read on here or even football in general? The conference and media were well aware of UCF's schedule. UCF starts the season on a Thursday this year, thus allowing them to push camp back earlier than most others. Camp is far more important for the head coach and actual players to attend, than the friggin' AAC media day. But UCF was still there in R.I. for it and GOL was interviewed this morning, along with QB Blake Bortles. UCF and GOL were the first session so they could get to the airport for their flight back. Nobody was snubbed. Jeez, some of y'all are so quick to jump to conclusions, before even reading ahead. Did you actually think UCF was going to snub this thing?

So you're really not headed to the SEC?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Man I'm really feeling this I-4 corridor rivalry. I mean the animosity has always been there (more from UCF than USF, to be honest) but I think USF is going to get more into it going forward. This could get rowdy.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

They had to take an early flight back because they start camp. While somewhat understandable, it just doesn't look good for your new conference. They should've known ahead of time and made arrangements to be on "theamerican.org". IMO it shows no respect for your conference and your fellow conference mates.
Totally inexcusable. Either start camp later tonight or tomorrow or let the assistants start the first day. Two kids and the HC missing for a couple of hours on the first day won't have any impact on the season. What a moron.Way to be supportive of the coference.
Do you all even follow this stuff prior to what you read on here or even football in general? The conference and media were well aware of UCF's schedule. UCF starts the season on a Thursday this year, thus allowing them to push camp back earlier than most others. Camp is far more important for the head coach and actual players to attend, than the friggin' AAC media day. But UCF was still there in R.I. for it and GOL was interviewed this morning, along with QB Blake Bortles. UCF and GOL were the first session so they could get to the airport for their flight back. Nobody was snubbed. Jeez, some of y'all are so quick to jump to conclusions, before even reading ahead. Did you actually think UCF was going to snub this thing?

So you're really not headed to the SEC?

No, we're still going to the SEC. ;-)

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

espn3 isnt even a real channel on tv

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Neither is Netflix

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

espn3 isnt even a real channel on tv

Seriously??

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

B.S. I personally witnessed 2 interviewers with theamerican.org on the backdrop, specifically say that the ucf contingent did not speak with them. All of the other coaches did, and many players. Jeez, I saw it with my own eyes and heard with my own ears. No need for me to read ahead.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

That is a B.S. reason. This is the first media day for a conference that is gasping for attention right from the start. Like him or not, O'leary is a recognizable, senior Head Coach in the league. Not being available for a broadcast podium session is a stupid move. You can't tell me the league couldn't have worked with him to put him on early and he could have been on a couple of hours later.

This conference is trying to step up to the next level. Imagine if Saban or Meyer or Spurrier or any other big name coach missed a media session like this.

Sorry, when you sre trying to create as much publicity for the league I think missing a chance to show his face is inexcusable.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

WOW, ucf snubbed the official web broadcast.

They're on their way to the SEC. They don't have time for this piddlin **** ...

That's what I thought. When media day is long forgotten and UCF wins the conference from getting to it ASAP who will be shedding a tear about missing coverage in ESPN3.