• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAU Presidents Fire Associate Commissioner John Paquette

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Seen as a big mistake in the Ajerseyguy blog. UConn and SMU rumored to be behind the move.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=7067

Excerpt:

Here is what AAC commissioner Mike Aresco said about Paquette (in April), who has worked for the Big East since 1990.

\

“He has been with me every step of the way.  He’s good. I need to get him help too.  There are certain things well to. I rely on John a lot. He’s the first guy I talk to when I come in (to the office) in the morning. He has good judgment. He’s got credibility. He’s trustworthy.â€

“I don’t take John for granted. Other than me, in the conference office, he’s the guy who has had to bear the most stuff. He has managed all the media things.  The one thing people said to me. The way you have presented yourselves publicly has been wonderful. I feel good about that. John is a big part of that.  John is always the last guy out the door with me. He is  the first person in the door the next morning.â€

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

AAU or AAC?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If he was part of the Providence mafia, then good riddance.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

AAU or AAC?

AAC, sorry.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What effect does this have on the conference moving forward?  Any at all?  Wondering why this is big news.  

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

The conference is getting hammered by all the high brow journalists for the change, but in truth, the conference was hammered when this guy was the PR leader. Hammering the conference now, when the high brow journalists gave them no credit or help when he had the job, is just lame. The heck with these journalists.

UL, or USF or UCF suceeding in Football, basketball ...preferrably USF or UCF since UL is leaving next year, would throw these guys over the edge and I would love every moment of their discomfort.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Seems like a move to cut ties with the old Providence-mafia way of thinking and doing things. The AAC will need all the help it can get in rehabilitating the image of this conference.