• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Criminal Meltdown in Gainesville continues...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Man I must have been really messed up a few days ago 'cuz I don't remember creating the thread title ... oh look, it's someone else's name who created it.  Maybe your little soliloquy is misdirected.  

The thread pretty much evolved into a discussion of Aaron Hernandez' case, I posted new info on it.  If you want to start a new thread dedicated to the wayward USF student athletes, go right ahead, maybe others who care about that will read it.  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Man I must have been really messed up a few days ago 'cuz I don't remember creating the thread title ... oh look, it's someone else's name who created it.  Maybe your little soliloquy is misdirected.  

The thread pretty much evolved into a discussion of Aaron Hernandez' case, I posted new info on it.  If you want to start a new thread dedicated to the wayward USF student athletes, go right ahead, maybe others who care about that will read it.  

My soliloquy was directed at the person who asked if any of those students were accused of committing murder. Wasn't that you? Didn't ask that of me? Or was that a hypothetical question?

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-06-20/sports/os-mike-bianchi-aaron-hernandez-0621-20130620_1_aaron-hernandez-murder-probe-murder-investigation

An excerpt: 

Hernandez was among four Gator football players questioned in a 2007 shooting incident in Gainesville. None of the players was arrested, but detectives questioned them about the shootings of Corey Smith and Justin Glass on the Sunday morning after Florida lost to Auburn in 2007.

According to a Orlando Sentinel report at the time, police said Smith, 28, and Glass, 19, were driving around in traffic about 2:30 a.m. when a man began shooting into their car. Smith was critically wounded in the head while Glass was shot in the arm. Hernandez declined to discuss the case with reporters back then and was never charged with any crime.

He is now in a civil suit over shooting a guy in Dade County.

Urban protected him, even telling the press he was injured one time  when he was under a drug violation suspension. He was enabled every step of the way.

This thread, and others elsewhere like it,  were just called out by the Palm Beach Post. Congrats.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/sports/college-football/dave-george-tying-ex-coaches-like-urban-meyer-to-a/nYW99/

Edited by slick1ru2

My soliloquy was directed at the person who asked if any of those students were accused of committing murder. Wasn't that you? Didn't ask that of me? Or was that a hypothetical question?

I just figured since you didn't answer my question and seemed to direct your response to the original poster, you must have been confused about whom you seemed to be addressing with your story. Go ahead, though, please don't let me keep you from pointing out all the bad stuff former USF athletes have done, don't want to get in the way of that endeavor.

I just figured since you didn't answer my question and seemed to direct your response to the original poster, you must have been confused about whom you seemed to be addressing with your story. Go ahead, though, please don't let me keep you from pointing out all the bad stuff former USF athletes have done, don't want to get in the way of that endeavor.

Which question? "USF???" Or "Any murder charges among those seven"? Because I answered the first with player names and for the second I listed the felonies. Sorry but so far its unknown if any USF athlete has murdered anyone that I know about. 

How many UF boards have this type thread going right now? If Meyer was at USF and won those championships and this happened, would this [pst be on the board? The 'connection' between an NFL player and his college coach and murder? This just comes across as a thread based more on envy than anything else.

Of course it's a thread full of envy. Feel free not to post on since you're not the one guy who would start this kind of thread. I was just trying to figure out why you felt the need to being up the transgressions of USF athletes when the thread moved a bit beyond that. Still don't have an answer to that.

I get that some may not find humor in the OP. I do, though. Don't think the Hernandez sitch is too funny. Take up your problems with the thread title with the person that wrote it and let whoever wants to discuss AH do so.

Of course it's a thread full of envy. Feel free not to post on since you're not the one guy who would start this kind of thread. I was just trying to figure out why you felt the need to being up the transgressions of USF athletes when the thread moved a bit beyond that. Still don't have an answer to that.

I get that some may not find humor in the OP. I do, though. Don't think the Hernandez sitch is too funny. Take up your problems with the thread title with the person that wrote it and let whoever wants to discuss AH do so.

I would hope I am not the only member of TBP who wouldn't start a thread linking a coach with a former player being accused of murder with the real intent being to sling mud and the real reason being envy.  And I brought up USF players' transgressions because its just as absurd to blame them on the USF coaching staff as it is to blame Meyer on Hernandez's. 

You read what I said wrong. There is only one who would start a thread like this, and he did. Make sense now?

You read what I said wrong. There is only one who would start a thread like this, and he did. Make sense now?

Yep.