• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Criminal Meltdown in Gainesville continues...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

www.espn.com

What does the Miami Heat wining the NBA title have anything to do with this?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The University of Florida continues to distinguish themselves as THE ROGUE program in the state of Florida, placing winning above character. Urban Meyer could only cover up so much for Aaron Hernandez when he was playing for that cesspool university - how many failed drug tests did Urban wipe under the table for Hernandez so he could suit up on Saturdays? However, with new information suggesting that Hernandez potentially shot multiple people in a six month period with one of those individuals losing their life doesn't bode well for that elitist Gator image catered around St. Tebow. Curious to see how this turns out - but you can tell Hernandez learned well from Swervin' Urban. Destroying your home security system and cell phone coupled with having your entire mansion bleached is a classic Meyer attributed tactic towards bending the rules of the system. I feel fortunate that we constantly don't read negative stories about our players in the newspaper like you do in Gainesville. A player stealing the credit cards of a dead person and using them - a player potentially murdering a person or playing a significant role in the cover up. I feel very fortunate that I graduated from USF today. We have a clean image and we portray the right values - hopefully over the next couple of years, we'll get back to our winning ways. Go Bulls! The hell with UF!

SMH. This rant just reeks of one thing. Jealousy. Wikipedia has an entire massive entry on just their alumni who've played in the NFL. They've had so many notable NFL alumni, that its broken down by NFL team. That articles goes along with all the other huge articles, that are also huge, of UF alumni who are leaders in other fields. The school is the flagship university of Florida and is over 150 years old. IF you are a true Floridian, you have relatives who attended school there, I do. Your going, "AH HAH", and pointing out what this thug did as a condemnation of an entire program and school is just pathetic and comes across as grasping for straws. Show pride in USF, but don't act petty and blow this into something its not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Florida_Gators_football_players

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

271764158733620260_Jq6vUf50_c.jpg

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Actually, the only information I have seen is that he may be charged with obstruction.  I know this flies in the face of your motto "Any Gator is guilty until proven innocent", but generally in this country we have a funny thing about waiting around for facts and juries.

Yes, the arrest warrant out on him now is for obstruction, based on evidence that he himself destroyed his alarm system and cell phone.  Not saying he's guilty of the murder, but it doesn't look good.  

Actually, it appears he does not yet have any warrant out for his arrest, if he ever will.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's involved, but the rumor mill is going wild just because of who he is.  I've seen the law enforcement side of these things.  They clearly don't have a smoking gun or he'd already have been arrested.  Most murder investigations have a suspect in custody within hours.   This one is obviously complicated.

I agree that it's complicated, but it seems law enforcement takes their time when a murder investigation involves a high-profile person of interest.  Gotta make sure you have as much evidence as possible before you bring in said high-profile or risk a PR disaster.  They don't have a smoking gun because it appears that Hernandez, and others, have attempted to cover up anything that might link them to the homicide, thus the seemingly imminent arrest warrant for obstruction.

Interested to see how this plays out. 

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

he will be in custody soon enough.  if nothing else, you can't destroy your home video system, cell phone, and hire a cleaning crew all within 24 hours of a known associate driving a rental car in your name is found murdered.  

with this high profile case the police are just taking their time.  the victim was the boyfriend of hernandez's girlfriends sister...if that makes sense.  it could even be her that killed him and hernandez is trying to help his girlfriend out by covering it up for her sister.

who knows.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Link to a story please.

You out of the country? Dude had news choppers follow him to the Pats facility yesterday.

I don't have cable. I get most of my news from this message board.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Link to a story please.

You out of the country? Dude had news choppers follow him to the Pats facility yesterday.

I don't have cable. I get most of my news from this message board.

Ah.

Profootballtalk has probably the best info I've seen because Florio is an attorney and can usually translate or not exaggerate what something may or may not mean.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

the university of florida has a great athletic dept and great football program

be honest most of us wishes usf had such a program

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Most of us wish we had the financial support from alumni that UF has ...

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Most of us wish we had the financial support from alumni that UF has ...

And the legislature.