• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC bowl situation just went from bad to worse

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Why wouldn't the G5 just develop a playoff? Is there some rule against it? Even when we played a big name, I don't think that we sold our entire allotment.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Lol btw that nobody on this board calls it "the American" like it wishes to be called. If that name doesn't catch on here, how can it catch on anywhere.

I think "AAC" pronounuced as shown (like "Aack!!") with a horrific cry has always sounded more appropriate for our relegation to this conference.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

What do u suggest is positive about the AAC bowl situation.

There isn't anything positive about it, or USFs future conf.

You know it and I know it. I am simply pointing out facts. When good things happen I will be more positive but right now it's not happening bowl or conference wise.

Thank you Capt. Obvious.demotivation.us_CAPTAIN-OBVIOUS-Strikes-

Kill the messenger#3

LOL .... It's not killing the messenger, it's pointing out the message is akin to "the sky is blue" and "water is wet".

And that's the best Captain Obvious pic I've seen so far ...

And DW is happy about this situation?

According to Brett McMurphy's latest article:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9364692/smaller-conferences-look-add-bowl-games-sources

If McMurphy is to be believed:

1) AAC getting froze out of bowls against "P5".

2) Aresco bowl can't get a "P5" opponent.

3) Any new bowls we create will be against "G5".

4) Liberty may not be a viable option. Looking at "P5 vs P5"

5) According to McMurphy, we are a "smaller conference". Whatever "smaller conference" is.

6) UCF bowl being considered, but will be against Sun Belt, MAC, or CUSA.

7) LA bowl might pitt AAC against MWC.

8) The independence and Military bowls (thought to be a lock for AAC) might be out also.

Bad to worse

You spam up the CSNBBS board too, same exact posts.

Whining on here to your USF brethren is one thing. Taking it to the outside world is disheartening ... Never go against the family, Fredo.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

The idea of a playoff is depressing. CFB is about a lot of things and one of those things is bowls. I guess these lesser bowls could host a Div II (or whatever) playoff, but it just doesn't feel right. I'd like to see hardware in the trophy cabinets, even if it's crappy hardware. So, I'm for any bowl that we can get.

It's hard to feel positive about developments, and it's hard to hope for something better when every door seems to be closed off. I know many people called out the OP for being negative, and I admit to only being on here sparingly lately so I don't know the scope, but there doesn't seem much to be positive about lately. What else are we going to talk about except whatever the method du jour is that USF and/or the Ack is getting kneed in the beans. Ugh.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

:iconic_u_black:  "highest-rated champion from the "Group of Five" conferences -- the American, Conference USA, Mountain West, Sun Belt and Mid-American -- will receive an automatic berth in one of the six access bowls."

IMO this is the only bowl game that matters...Tulsa, Navy, East Carolina, USF, UCF, Uconn, Cincinnati, Memphis, SMU, Houston, Tulane, Temple....3 bowl tie ins are enough for this conference. :iconic_u_black:

:iconic_u_black:  "highest-rated champion from the "Group of Five" conferences -- the American, Conference USA, Mountain West, Sun Belt and Mid-American -- will receive an automatic berth in one of the six access bowls."

IMO this is the only bowl game that matters...Tulsa, Navy, East Carolina, USF, UCF, Uconn, Cincinnati, Memphis, SMU, Houston, Tulane, Temple....3 bowl tie ins are enough for this conference. :iconic_u_black:

I haven't even been paying attention. Are the 3 tie ins counting the access bowl, or in addition to it? Also, and it's only rumor, but wasn't there talk of the access bowl only being temporary? As in, give it a few years and there won't be one?

Although I basically agree with that, it would be nice for the players to have as much opportunity as possible for the reward of a bowl game for busting their asses for 5 months ...

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I haven't even been paying attention. Are the 3 tie ins counting the access bowl, or in addition to it? Also, and it's only rumor, but wasn't there talk of the access bowl only being temporary? As in, give it a few years and there won't be one?

I don't think that we even have one bowl tie in at this point. I believe that Aresco is targeting 9 bowl games. I think that is too many, attendance numbers will be a joke. :iconic_u_black:

9 bowls for 12 teams. Wow. At least, numerically, we should be looking good each season. I hope.  :FIREdevil: