• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC bowl situation just went from bad to worse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I wish the inevitable split would just happen, the 'haves' take their toys to their side of the sandbox and we, the MWC and the best of the rest below them pick up the pieces and make what we can with them.

If this means calling it Div. 2 or whatever, so be it. To me, it is better than being kicked in the mouth over and over again and being bashed at every turn. If it is indeed our destiny, as it seems to be indicated by television and bowl contracts, why fight it at this point? So everyone sees brushed out of the room kicking and screaming? We're still headed for the door, folks.

The chances of us competing in a meaningful way with the juggernaut programs is a farce anyways.

Break away, figure out what to do and start winning games in a conference with like-minded schools you can play competitively against.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

tumblr_mhmmw8n6kq1s2gg27o1_250.gif

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

tumblr_m8ziycDLy31rp3zt5.gif

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Heartless bastards... The lot of ya

Lmao

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

What do u suggest is positive about the AAC bowl situation.

There isn't anything positive about it, or USFs future conf.

You know it and I know it. I am simply pointing out facts. When good things happen I will be more positive but right now it's not happening bowl or conference wise.

Thank you Capt. Obvious.

demotivation.us_CAPTAIN-OBVIOUS-Strikes-

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I wish the inevitable split would just happen, the 'haves' take their toys to their side of the sandbox and we, the MWC and the best of the rest below them pick up the pieces and make what we can with them.

If this means calling it Div. 2 or whatever, so be it. To me, it is better than being kicked in the mouth over and over again and being bashed at every turn. If it is indeed our destiny, as it seems to be indicated by television and bowl contracts, why fight it at this point? So everyone sees brushed out of the room kicking and screaming? We're still headed for the door, folks.

The chances of us competing in a meaningful way with the juggernaut programs is a farce anyways.

Break away, figure out what to do and start winning games in a conference with like-minded schools you can play competitively against.

Yeah, because USF can't compete with the juggernauts such as: Auburn, Notre Dame, North Carolina, NC State, West Virginia, Louisville, Florida State, Miami, Syracuse, Clemson, Kansas, or TCU? Lol...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,967
  • Days Won:  469

There's a lot of hurt on this board.

Some of you appear new to the sensation.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

And DW is happy about this situation?

According to Brett McMurphy's latest article:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9364692/smaller-conferences-look-add-bowl-games-sources

If McMurphy is to be believed:

1) AAC getting froze out of bowls against "P5".

2) Aresco bowl can't get a "P5" opponent.

3) Any new bowls we create will be against "G5".

4) Liberty may not be a viable option. Looking at "P5 vs P5"

5) According to McMurphy, we are a "smaller conference". Whatever "smaller conference" is.

6) UCF bowl being considered, but will be against Sun Belt, MAC, or CUSA.

7) LA bowl might pitt AAC against MWC.

8) The independence and Military bowls (thought to be a lock for AAC) might be out also.

Bad to worse

You spam up the CSNBBS board too, same exact posts.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I post facts. If u don't want to hear facts sorry.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, because USF can't compete with the juggernauts such as: Auburn, Notre Dame, North Carolina, NC State, West Virginia, Louisville, Florida State, Miami, Syracuse, Clemson, Kansas, or TCU? Lol...

Wow, inclusion in the P5 must be a big deal if schools like Syracuse, Kansas, NC State and the mighty UNC are considered juggernauts in college football. Lol...