• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC bowl situation just went from bad to worse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I posted an interview with the MAC commish and the payment of players isn't the issue and is misleading. The issue is they don't have a forum that lets them get together and all talk about it in depth.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

I posted an interview with the MAC commish and the payment of players isn't the issue and is misleading. The issue is they don't have a forum that lets them get together and all talk about it in depth.

Is that to say that there is no MAC x P(5) forum? it could be that the P(5) is not extending an offer to converse with any of the G(5) because they've already made up their P(5) mind as to how they envision the future...the Division IV that Mac Brown was talking about. Could be that when the P(5) meet...they're not even talking to anyone outside the cool kids table. 

Is that to say that there is no MAC x P(5) forum? it could be that the P(5) is not extending an offer to converse with any of the G(5) because they've already made up their P(5) mind as to how they envision the future...the Division IV that Mac Brown was talking about. Could be that when the P(5) meet...they're not even talking to anyone outside the cool kids table. 

What he said is there is no venue for all 10 conferences to hash it out in detail, its complex. you can't do it in the limited way they network, which is how it seems to be, networking clicks.

That post I did on the MAC commish comments was moved to one of the obscure boards. http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/92187-mac-commissioner-the-system-is-broken/

“The system is broken and it’s broken because we don’t have a place to come together and effectively talk about the issues affecting us,†MAC Commissioner Jon Steinbrecher said Tuesday at his conference’s media day in Detroit.

“The best example of this is the issue of the miscellaneous expense allowance,†Steinbrecher later added, “whether it’s a stipend, a need-based component to financial aid, whatever it is. There’s clearly interest in doing something, particularly at the highest levels. I think it’s been a little unfairly appointed that the low resource conferences or schools voted that down. The fact of the matter is there were too many proposals. We need to come together and work through that. That’s a tough issue.â€

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe its time to become a gator fan.

I tried to say that sentence and threw up in my mouth a little....

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

This is so bad its becoming comical. The pee 5 are on their high horses as if Indiana or Washington State or Kansas are too good to play Boise State, USF, Cincy, etc. Its like a bad, hilarious, reality TV show.

And yes, I said "pee 5" and will be using it from here on out in place of P5

"Pee 5" looks right.  I am going to use it if you don't mind.  Full credit will be given whenever needed, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

So who has done the math? How many of the P5 berths are going to the rest of the conferences because they are playing so many in conference and P5 conference teams, knocking out the bottom teams from qualifying?