• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Member East Carolina (2014): What you need to know

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

our program has regressed to their level

it is disappointing

in my wildest dreams i  never would have thought a team from tampa at giant university would be  in the same conference with east carolina

Did Alzheimers make you forget we were once with ECU in Conference-USA? :D

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Some things are just too painful to remember?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

Yes but at least we all 4 times against them. Was hoping that they would not ever darken our door again as a team in the same conference.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  3

...They actually feel that they are SEC or at least ACC material.

As do some USF people on that 140-plus-page thread. Just sayin'  ;)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

For one of those USF-ECU matchups in Greenville, I drove down from Baltimore, met up with USF fans, watched the game, and then gave board member BULLheaded a ride backto Baltimore after the game.  That was a long drive.  I think the game had 3 OTs, but my memory could be shaky. 

For one of those USF-ECU matchups in Greenville, I drove down from Baltimore, met up with USF fans, watched the game, and then gave board member BULLheaded a ride backto Baltimore after the game.  That was a long drive.  I think the game had 3 OTs, but my memory could be shaky.

Ok Bulliever. There were not many of us at that God awful place so where were you sitting? I remember it got really cold fast when we did not realize it was going to. No liquor, beer, or even coffee to find comfort. Sorry assed concessions under the stadium like a high school. I posted a lot as a guest here back then (when it was allowed) and did not realize you were there.

It was double ot and the only close game of the series against those chumps. Sad fact was USF was dominating 21 to 0 early and then the intensity level seemed to drop with the temperature and bonehead type plays began to happen. They were fortunate to win by a missed extra point and I seem to remember it was Huey Whittaker who blocked it.

Edited by Mission9

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I'd have to dig up my ticket to know where I was....I do remember the cold.  And wondering what the heck I was doing in Greenville that late at night.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  3

We (Bulldoug*, MikeG, etc.) were up there for, the first w/ECU. It was their homecoming game (2002). Met a buddy of mine (David Crot) from HS, he came down from Virginia and I drove up from Florida, as NC was home and a good RZ point. David and I were at the pre-game USFAA tailgate, had a little speech from LRS, closed by saying "now, let's ruin their homecoming'.  I think the one you (Bulliever) are talking about was the next year, early November of '03, our first real year in CUSA with a final score of 38x37. I remember Bullheaded's road trip back to B'more.

* He confused Greenville, SC w/Greenville, NC and was asking where everyone was staying. The answer being...a different state.