• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's basketball problems.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

"When are you going to start running" is a far cry from what Mike Rice did, and no, I don't think most coaches treat their players like Rice treats his. It is obvious you don't know anything about this case, or the timeline of all that went down.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

"When are you going to start running" is a far cry from what Mike Rice did, and no, I don't think most coaches treat their players like Rice treats his. It is obvious you don't know anything about this case, or the timeline of all that went down.

You are correct I have not followed the case...But I do belive there is a HUGE difference between Penn State and Rutgers/  That was my main point.

I don't condone abuse of any sort. But yelling at players in a locker room is not the same as WHAT HAPPENED AT PENN STATE.  and Penn State looked the other way. because they wre successful.

Go Bulls

If a player is insulted by "What the Hell were you doing out there' i suggest he takes up solitare.

Edited by bull-71

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You are correct I have not followed the case...But I do belive there is a HUGE difference between Penn State and Rutgers/ That was my main point.

I don't condone abuse of any sort. But yelling at players in a locker room is not the same as WHAT HAPPENED AT PENN STATE. and Penn State looked the other way. because they wre successful.

Go Bulls

If a player is insulted by "What the Hell were you doing out there' i suggest he takes up solitare.

So you're weighing in on something you, admittedly, know nothing about? I guess that's better than the usual.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Wow. Did you actually watch the videos?  What Mike Rice did was a far cry from "what the hell were you doing out there". 

Throwing balls full speed at players heads. Kicking them. Grabbing them. Pushing them from behind while not looking. Personal verbal attacks. Plus his assistant coach did these things as well.

He crossed the line between yelling at players as a way to motivate and abusing them.  He should never be allowed to coach again.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I blame it on him being a dangerous minority... Wait..

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

:popcorn:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

You are correct I have not followed the case...But I do belive there is a HUGE difference between Penn State and Rutgers/ That was my main point.

I don't condone abuse of any sort. But yelling at players in a locker room is not the same as WHAT HAPPENED AT PENN STATE. and Penn State looked the other way. because they wre successful.

Go Bulls

If a player is insulted by "What the Hell were you doing out there' i suggest he takes up solitare.

So you're weighing in on something you, admittedly, know nothing about? I guess that's better than the usual.

Ok. Let’s take three steps back....

Question 1.  Was this his First Coaching Job….Probably not.

Question 2. If this was not his first coaching Job did he develop these actions/characteristics  at Rutgers…probably not.

Question 3. Did he have a real bad loosing season…yes he did…

Conclusion…reason for being fired…probably #3…

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Why do you guys give 71 the time of day.  He is so lost on so many subjects

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

What got him Fired was a loosing season...Had he won...most would have looked the otherway..or find ways to excuse it.

Go Bulls

You guys should read up.  If he hadn't fired an assistant, he'd still be coach.  There's some revenge in this.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

What got him Fired was a loosing season...Had he won...most would have looked the otherway..or find ways to excuse it.

Go Bulls

You guys should read up.  If he hadn't fired an assistant, he'd still be coach.  There's some revenge in this.

My understanding was that Murdock brought the issue to Pernetti's attention during the summer and then, shortly after, his contract "was not renewed" (aka he was terminated). It was after that that he put the video together and brought it to the AD. At least, that's how I've seen it laid out.

Edited by GoBulls84