• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ACTION: Improve 4 to 6 year graduation rates

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Why should it take 6+ years?

Why shouldn't it?

That doesn't answer anything lol. Look I get your opinion, but if that is the case, then I think they would be classified as non degree-seeking students.

Edited by usfvictor

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Why should it take 6+ years?

Why shouldn't it?

That doesn't answer anything lol. Look I get your opinion, but if that is the case, then I think they would be classified as non degree-seeking students.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they didn't declare a degree until their graduating semester, but a lot of classes are only open to declared majors.

Life's hard enough anyway. Why make itmore difficult for the working class to move up?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Graduation rates for part-time students should NOT be held against a metropolitan school. Maybe you can make a case for it in a land-grant school out in the boondocks, but even then prolly not. Absolutely not for a metro-area state school.

No way should the school be judged poorly when it is on a mission of serving a huge, diverse community, helping whole generations to improve their lot in life.

Higher education should be treated the same whether out in the "boonies" or serving a metropolitan area. I don't really see this proposal as elitist in any way. USF has an atrocious 6yr graduation rate, and this proposal actually does something to prompt folks to graduate expeditiously. We want to encourage graduation, not Van Wielders.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Graduation rates for part-time students should NOT be held against a metropolitan school. Maybe you can make a case for it in a land-grant school out in the boondocks, but even then prolly not. Absolutely not for a metro-area state school.

No way should the school be judged poorly when it is on a mission of serving a huge, diverse community, helping whole generations to improve their lot in life.

Higher education should be treated the same whether out in the "boonies" or serving a metropolitan area. I don't really see this proposal as elitist in any way. USF has an atrocious 6yr graduation rate, and this proposal actually does something to prompt folks to graduate expeditiously. We want to encourage graduation, not Van Wielders.

Instead of just saying fancy words like "expeditiously" why not just come out and say you want to keep out the working class trash, you elitist snob? :D

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Instead of just saying fancy words like "expeditiously" why not just come out and say you want to keep out the working class trash, you elitist snob? :D

I worked during undergrad, and I still finished in 4 years. I knew a lot of people that worked, partied their brains out, had mom/dad paying for things and were still at USF 2 years after I graduated. Expeditious, however, is a great word, is it not? :D