• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The Crime Stopper!"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

On Tuesday, prized Seton Hall basketball recruit Aquille Carr announced via his Twitter feed that he would forgo the opportunity to play at the university and head overseas. Carr is the second recruit Seton Hall has lost in the last two weeks.

Seton Hall basketball received news Tuesday morning that prized 2013 recruit Aquille Carr will not enroll at the school next fall, and will instead play overseas, according to the Star-Ledger.

Carr, a 5'7 guard from Baltimore who originally committed to Seton Hall in January 2012, tweeted the following on Tuesday:

"The money wont always be there gotta get it when u can i turned it down last time not this time"

The news is disappointing for Seton Hall, which was relying on Carr to help revitalize a program that hasn't made the NCAA Tournament since 2006. While Carr never signed a Letter of Intent with the school, he told NJ.com just seven weeks ago that he planned on Seton Hall.

However, despite that announcement, Carr's decision to bypass college basketball isn't a surprising one.

Since he committed to Seton Hall, Carr has dealt with personal and legal issues, issues which have seen him spend time at high schools in Maryland, New Jersey and Florida and get arrested last summer on a domestic battery charge.

The news is even more troubling for Seton Hall since it comes just a few days after a second recruit, Jerron Wilbut, was arrested in his native Illinois. Along with Carr, Wilbut was the only member of Seton Hall's 2013 recruiting class.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/12/4094364/aquille-carr-turning-pro-overseas-seton-hall-basketball

I thought USF had it bad. I expect to hear news that Seton Hall has fired Kevin Willard in the  near future. Wouldn't surprise me if his last victory as their head coach was the one over USF.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

if the Hall is not careful they will supplant Depaul in the mini-BE

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Wow. Usually coaches get fired after losing to us, not after beating us...