• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

QB Transfer???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I have a few friends that are big Seminole boosters and the buzz in Tally is that if (and it is a big if) Clint Trickett hasn't solidified the starting QB postion after the Spring, he will be looking to transfer to USF. By the end of Spring he will have enough credits to graduate and would be able to start immediately as a Graduate transfer. This is a big if, but I am excited by the possibility. Even though he is a beanpole, he has a live arm and has shown that he can play when he has had to step in for EJ Manuel in the past. I will be keeping a close eye on the FSU QB battle this Spring. 

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,924
  • Days Won:  0

NO.......................

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

oh yes

he is better than anyone on our roster

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,678
  • Days Won:  14

Clint Trickett? Yes, he IS a bean pole and would not be a good choice, in my opinion. He is fragile and gets flustered easily. Basically what we already have with Eveld and Floyd.

On paper and on film he is absolutely better than any current QB on our roster. If he loses out on the job at FSU it won't necessarily be because he didn't perform. They have 4 QBs battling it out and one of them is 6'6'' and 230#. It will really come down to whether they want a pocket passer or a dual threat. http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/013113aaa.html

Well, I will rely on his stats that suggest he has the ability to be a solid QB. He was diagnosed with some weird disease that prevented him from gaining weight, but I heard he is finally putting on some pounds. 

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501098/clint-trickett

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He was a better QB three years ago as a true freshman that anyone we've had on the roster the last four years.  

Yes.

Yes. 

And Yes!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

Hmmmm,

This will be interesting to watch come the Spring time.  Fisher does like to occasionally run an option and Trickett is not any form of an option QB.  How did he play when he came in for EJ?  Not bad actually.  Did he make mistakes?  Yes, but, show me a young QB that hasn't?

My main concern for him, IF he was going to transfer, would be eligibility.  

I see it as this way, USF is rebuilding.  Yes we hear the rhetoric that Coach T wants to win a NC this year.  However, realistically looking at it, they need to rebuild.  It is what it is.  So I would actually prefer getting Mr White in there and developing him properly than throwing someone new into the system that may get 1-2 years only.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Hmmmm,

This will be interesting to watch come the Spring time.  Fisher does like to occasionally run an option and Trickett is not any form of an option QB.  How did he play when he came in for EJ?  Not bad actually.  Did he make mistakes?  Yes, but, show me a young QB that hasn't?

My main concern for him, IF he was going to transfer, would be eligibility.  

I see it as this way, USF is rebuilding.  Yes we hear the rhetoric that Coach T wants to win a NC this year.  However, realistically looking at it, they need to rebuild.  It is what it is.  So I would actually prefer getting Mr White in there and developing him properly than throwing someone new into the system that may get 1-2 years only.

Throwing a true freshman QB into the fire is very rarely the best way to develop a QB.  The way to develop a QB "properly" is make sure they have a solid grasp of the system and the speed of the game before putting them in live action.

If Trickett is graduating with a college degree this spring, there are zero eligibility concerns.  He would be able to transfer and play immediately.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'll take it. Let him run the O this year and get Mike White ready to take over next year.