• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MIAMI & the NCAA Situation

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Punished for WHAT?  Explain it all.

Exactly.

I told you guys that we weren't going to get hit as hard as you wanted.

The Florida Bar has opened an investigation on Maria Elena Perez.  Don't be shocked by a settlement of the NCAA case.

You had absolutely NO idea that the NCAA was going to **** up like they did.  GTFO with your "I told you so's ..."  

:rolleyes:  :loser:

NCAA = Prosecution in the OJ case

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Good analogy, Trip.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

Just because the NCAA lacks integrity and screwed up again does not mean that Miami is not a rogue program.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Money talks and good for Miami that the NCAA are stupid idiots.   One more time they get away with it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Punished for WHAT?  Explain it all.

Exactly.

I told you guys that we weren't going to get hit as hard as you wanted.

The Florida Bar has opened an investigation on Maria Elena Perez.  Don't be shocked by a settlement of the NCAA case.

You had absolutely NO idea that the NCAA was going to **** up like they did.  GTFO with your "I told you so's ..."  

:rolleyes:  :loser:

Actually, I did.  I didn't know they would acknowledge it, and I didn't know the SERIOUS extent of it (i.e., Maria Elena Perez double-billing the Bankruptcy Court and the NCAA for her time), but I knew that what the NCAA was doing was impermissible (at 2 separate times).

After the December 2011 Bankruptcy Court depositions (when UM settled with the Bankruptcy Court), we knew that an NCAA investigator had improperly tried to gain access to the Bankruptcy Court proceedings, including the depositions.  Since all of those depositions were with individuals that the NCAA could not compel to testify, it wasn't very difficult to see that the NCAA was using the Bankruptcy proceedings to gather information and question certain individuals that it did not have the power to question, particularly under oath.

Also, when the "ultimatum" letters were sent out last fall (the letters that told FORMER football players who could NOT be compelled to appear before the NCAA investigation committee) that told players that Shapiro's allegations would all be treated, presumptively, as true unless they appeared before the committee, I knew that was also a breach of NCAA guidelines (the author of the letter was subsequently fired).

While I have been pleasantly surprised by how forthcoming and honest the NCAA has been about admitting its wrongdoing, I have had plenty of information as to both the NCAA's overreach and UM's cooperation to accurately predict (for over two years now) that we would NOT be punished on the level that all of our rivals have been predicting and hoping for.

Fortunately, the NCAA overreach is so bad, that Miami may end up with even less of a range of penalties than I predicted.

Don't be mad.  I haven't allowed 2.5 years of "Miami is going to get the death penalty" postings on this board to bother me.

I told you we'd get off lighter than you thought, and I had multiple reasons for believing that.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Just because the NCAA lacks integrity and screwed up again does not mean that Miami is not a rogue program.

And just because you say Miami is a rogue program does not make it so.  We've made mistakes, but we are no rogue program.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

And just because you say Miami is a rogue program does not make it so.  We've made mistakes, but we are no rogue program.

Really?  This is a program that was nearly shut down once.  The issues that have surfaced deal with how the evidence was obtained.  That doesn't mean that rules were egregiously broken.  Even if Miami skates by on this one, it would be mind boggling to claim there aren't/weren't very serious lack of institutional control issues.

Yes it does and you know it. It is also a punk program. I dislike Texas as much as anyone but still have images of the Miami pllayers acting like animals and street punks at the Cotton Bowl. I think Dan Patrick said it best when he said that the Ohio State players must have been beside themselves since they got tatoos and got slammed while the Miami players got lap dances and nothing happens.... The fact that the rogue UM program and UNC Chapel Hill are avoiding sanctions despite gaining a competitive advantage shows that ESPN is protecting their vested interest.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Nothing is going to happen, Miami will use some of that Shapiro money (illegally gotten money) to grease who ever they need to to make this thing go away.

Nothing is going to happen, Miami will use some of that Shapiro money (illegally gotten money) to grease who ever they need to to make this thing go away.

They actually had that dude lead the team onto the field before a game and then threw him under the bus when he could no longer be their sugar daddy. No worries, since they are a rogue program, they will eventually get caught and punished. Bad guys are often emboldened by their success at getting away with things.