• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JUCO signees

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Congrats to them.

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Butler CC corner Torrel Saffold confirms that he and Grizzlies LB Rahmon Swain signed with USF football today. Will join Bulls next month.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Welcome aboard the Coach T bus. Get in your assigned seats and let Willie do the driving.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Congrats guys! Welcome aboard!!!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

oooh a LB!! Nice!

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

We could call it Willie's Wagon

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

We could call it Willie's Wagon

I like it!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

DECEMBER 19, 2012

Butler's Saffold, Swain officially sign with USF

The first official signees of the Willie Taggart era at USF football arrived on Wednesday, as cornerback Torrel Saffold and linebacker Rahmon Swain, teammates at Butler Community College in Kansas, signed with the Bulls as midyear additions who will enroll next month.

"I'm excited to be a part of the USF Bull Nation," Saffold said by phone, minutes after submitting his paperwork.

Saffold and Swain had the chance to talk with Taggart on his first day on USF's campus during their official visit, and the chance to sit down with him validated their excitement about playing for USF, a relationship started by Skip Holtz and his staff.

"He knows what he wants to do with this program and he's very competitive," said Saffold, who came to Butler from Kansas City.

"Our goal is to win, no matter who we line up against. We're going to work hard and have fun doing it."

Saffold in particular joins the Bulls at a position of need, with starters Kayvon Webster and George Baker graduating and only reserves like Josh Brown and Kenneth Durden remaining to compete with newcomers for starting jobs next fall.

"My goal coming in this spring is to learn the defense and be a great help at cornerback. I see they need help, and I just want to come in and contribute to the defense and the team overall," said Saffold, who said his strength as a corner is "being a technician, being physical. I like to irritate receivers as much as I can."

Saffold said USF is getting a solid player and team leader in Swain, who is likely to compete for playing time as an outside linebacker.

"They're getting a very live linebacker, very physical. He likes to come downhill, and he will hit you in the hole," Saffold said. "His work ethic is great, and he's a great leader on the field. He likes to talk a lot, likes to get the defense energized, pumping up the defense, getting us ready and excited. ... We came in around the same time to Butler, so it's a blessing you're able to play with one of your juco teammates. We can help each other get to the next level as well."

Posted by Greg Auman at 2:04:25 pm on December 19, 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/butlers-saffold-swain-officially-sign-usf

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Sooooo for those recruiting gurus are these considered a big get ? I know they match our need for help at their position.