• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard has a tough choice to make...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Days Won:  0

My question is why not Calvin McGee..... We got a coach that was not a USF guy and he ruined our program. McGee was Buc and He also helped build the program for the beginning. Great Florida recruiter and even coached at local high schools. Much better fit the Willie T and has proven winner in WVU, PITT, and UA (Michigan also…. his offense did not loses them games it was Greg Robinsons defense). Also he was endorsed by Leroy Selmon god rest his soul, last time we tried to this and he was better AD then Dougie Fresh any day of the week so he gets my vote. Also If Willie T isa great FL recruit name five big time kids he covienced to go WK? Calvin McGee: Sanders, Pat White (AL) , Noel, oooo Denard ROBINSON, Odems, the list goes on and on he would have looked really good in Green and Gold. Plus with McGee you would get a lot great coaches back with alot better resumes the WKU.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

My question is why not Calvin McGee..... We got a coach that was not a USF guy and he ruined our program. McGee was Buc and He also helped build the program for the beginning. Great Florida recruiter and even coached at local high schools. Much better fit the Willie T and has proven winner in WVU, PITT, and UA (Michigan also…. his offense did not loses them games it was Greg Robinsons defense). Also he was endorsed by Leroy Selmon god rest his soul, last time we tried to this and he was better AD then Dougie Fresh any day of the week so he gets my vote. Also If Willie T isa great FL recruit name five big time kids he covienced to go WK? Calvin McGee: Sanders, Pat White (AL) , Noel, oooo Denard ROBINSON, Odems, the list goes on and on he would have looked really good in Green and Gold. Plus with McGee you would get a lot great coaches back with alot better resumes the WKU.

I wanted Magge last time. he is definitely in my top 3 this time. wouldn't mind that hire one bit.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

strong username to post content ratio

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  1

Butch Davis has ran programs that he left in shambles due to violations and academic scandals...not what we need. We don't want to be the new U as a win at all costs program

Please tell me how Davis left Miami in shambles. I'm interested in hearing how building a championship team destroyed the program.

I'm kind of curious, too ... No scandals I could find attributed to him during his tenure at UM and personally cleared by all involved at UNC. Should have been in the MNC his last year at UM before going to Browns. Hopefully, Doug does due diligence on getting facts on potentials, not perception ...

Sorry, but UM was his predecessor, got that confused....mea culpa....but UNC scandal was ridiculous and even if he was cleared of direct personal knowledge, it shows a football first, last, everything mentality that is errr has corrupted minor league errr college football. There were classes at UNC where only FB players were "attending" and he didn't know...c'mon man.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

i like McGee, but you can't compare the talent you can recruit at WVU,PITT, UM and UA to what you can pull at WKU.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

My vote goes to Taggart. He's got the Harbaugh coaching mentality, which means he'll make our defense stop being soft. Whoever the next coach is needs to make us more physical and bring back a good defense to USF.

Totally agree. Defense has gone from a strength to weakness fast

And losing players like JPP, McKenzie, Allen, all so easy to replace, has nothing to do with it.

Moving players out from their natural defensive positions did though.

It is a mentality. They use it at places like LSU and Bama. Best athletes on defense.

We used to use it here. Think Allen, Selvie.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

If you are not going to hire Bobby Petrino then

Pull the Trigger on Willie Taggert already!!!

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Per SB Nation, they talked to Taggert yesterday and are talking to SJSU's coach today, Mike McIntyre.

What does he know about Florida recruiting? He was an assistant at Duke. Does he have Florida ties?

I just heard today that Taggert has 30 Florida players at WKU.

If he can convince 30 Florida players to go to Bowling Green Kentucky, imagine what he could do at USF!

Come on DW, Make the Call...........................................

Ty

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

Im going to have to agree if were talking about this level of coach than why isnt Calvin at the top of the list. Atleast he know his mentality fits what were going to do offensively. We can actually flourish in the offense and kids will want to play in that offense. I'd lean towards him if this is all we got.