• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

Woolard has a tough choice to make...

Hiring WIllie Taggert would be an utter disaster. Back to back 1-6 seasons and the Bull Faithful want to bring in a guy with little to no big time coaching experience who nobdy outside of Manatee county has heard off. USF deserves what they get.

Who, might I ask, do YOU (with all of 6 posts to your name) suggest we should hire?

They should hire Jim Tressell...but they won't. I don't care he has to sit out five games. You hire him and you know he has won at every place he has ever coached. Proven winner and instant name ID and PR.

Plus, i bet you could get him on the cheap since nobody is going to hire him. But USF will hire another dud.

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The coach that embraces war flamingo is the one that I want on our sidelines.

Good thing you're not the AD. It's a good thing none of us are.

Hiring WIllie Taggert would be an utter disaster. Back to back 1-6 seasons and the Bull Faithful want to bring in a guy with little to no big time coaching experience who nobdy outside of Manatee county has heard off. USF deserves what they get.

Who, might I ask, do YOU (with all of 6 posts to your name) suggest we should hire?

They should hire Jim Tressell...but they won't. I don't care he has to sit out five games. You hire him and you know he has won at every place he has ever coached. Proven winner and instant name ID and PR.

Plus, i bet you could get him on the cheap since nobody is going to hire him. But USF will hire another dud.

Hiring Tressel is not an option because the NCAA has issued a show cause order for a litany of violations. That's why neither USF (nor any other program) is considering hiring him (which you seem to acknowledge).

I think most people would give the new coach a chance before putting him in the "dud" category. Plus, we don't even know who they're hiring yet.

Correction...

Woolard has an even tougher decision.

Its between Taggart, Nutt, and BUTCH DAVIS.

From all the articles I've read, these are the guys its between. One of them REALLY wants it(Nutt), another wants it but its actually the best fit for him and he doesn't know it yet(Taggart) and the third kinda wants anything, and this job fits the bill(Butch Davis).

GO BULLS!!!

Correction...

Woolard has an even tougher decision.

Its between Taggart, Nutt, and BUTCH DAVIS.

From all the articles I've read, these are the guys its between. One of them REALLY wants it(Nutt), another wants it but its actually the best fit for him and he doesn't know it yet(Taggart) and the third kinda wants anything, and this job fits the bill(Butch Davis).

GO BULLS!!!

I would move Nutt into the kinda wants anything category. He really wants a job and the opening that took his phone call was USF. He's got no ties to the program or the area. Like Davis, he just wants to kick start his career without backsliding all the way down to the Sun Belt.

If its between Nutt and Taggart it's not a tough decision.

Taggart a the way

Too me it's really not a decision. Nutt called Woolard to gauge USF's interest in him. Not the other way around.