• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard has a tough choice to make...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

While reading all the media outlets, its pretty clear that the choices for USF's coaching vacancy are between two gentlemen.

Houston Nutt and Willie Taggart

Both offer plenty to the table...and both offset in other areas as well. Nutt is a proven winner, but had a little falling out at the end of his Arkansas campaign. Apparently he cheated on his wife...(what some Arkansas friends of mine told me).

Taggart is an upstart(like holtz, which could be bad) but also very unproven as a head coach at the BCS level.

Both are known recruiters: Taggart of course is much younger an inexperienced but highly touted as a family-man with a great presence in front of would be recruits.

Nutt, as a relentless seller of whatever program he's at and has outrecruited big boys before...albeit at Arkansas and OleMiss. SEC programs with legacy backrounds. :-/

Which to choose...

Personal issues with Nutt aside...If he can be the one to bring back the recruits lost from the holtz firing, and have the passion and drive to push this program 24/7...all while getting the fan base re-energized. I think we should go with the former SEC headmaster.

Thoughts?

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

Holy ****. I agree with you....

But, I do feel like there are more people in play than just these two. Woolard has never been one to announce anything before it happens, so letting the cat out of the bag about these two possible candidates might just be the admins blowing smoke up everyones arse.

At this point, there are more people who I'd not like to hear mentioned - Jim Tressel, Tommy Bowden, Mario Christobal, Plant HS HC Robert Weiner....

Nutt, Taggert, Butch Davis, Chad Morris are names that I'd like to hear. Mostly, because they all recruit like mofos and with all of the talent around here...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm sure there's more, you may not have heard about them yet.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Whatever the decision is, it needs to be made sooner rather than later with all the competition out there. Plus we need someone to come in and solidify our current commits and future recruits. Time is of the essence. Above the two mentioned I would prefer a coordinator from either FSU or UF, unlikely I know, but that would be my preference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

While reading all the media outlets, its pretty clear that the choices for USF's coaching vacancy are between two gentlemen.

Houston Nutt and Willie Taggart

Both offer plenty to the table...and both offset in other areas as well. Nutt is a proven winner, but had a little falling out at the end of his Arkansas campaign. Apparently he cheated on his wife...(what some Arkansas friends of mine told me).

Taggart is an upstart(like holtz, which could be bad) but also very unproven as a head coach at the BCS level.

Both are known recruiters: Taggart of course is much younger an inexperienced but highly touted as a family-man with a great presence in front of would be recruits.

Nutt, as a relentless seller of whatever program he's at and has outrecruited big boys before...albeit at Arkansas and OleMiss. SEC programs with legacy backrounds. :-/

Which to choose...

Personal issues with Nutt aside...If he can be the one to bring back the recruits lost from the holtz firing, and have the passion and drive to push this program 24/7...all while getting the fan base re-energized. I think we should go with the former SEC headmaster.

Thoughts?

GO BULLS!!!

The only reason Nutt is out there is his reps are putting his name out there.... there is 0% chance he comes here.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

Woolard will solidify his legacy at USF with this decision, so he needs to make it wisely and quickly.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716

The coach that embraces war flamingo is the one that I want on our sidelines. :evil:

Edited by &rew Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044

Nutt hasn't and likely wont interview. We're not going to hire Houston Nutt.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Holy ****. I agree with you....

But, I do feel like there are more people in play than just these two. Woolard has never been one to announce anything before it happens, so letting the cat out of the bag about these two possible candidates might just be the admins blowing smoke up everyones arse.

At this point, there are more people who I'd not like to hear mentioned - Jim Tressel, Tommy Bowden, Mario Christobal, Plant HS HC Robert Weiner....

Nutt, Taggert, Butch Davis, Chad Morris are names that I'd like to hear. Mostly, because they all recruit like mofos and with all of the talent around here...

I'd like to see Sonny Dykes name on the list as well. As I mentioned in another post, I am really excited about the possibility of Dykes fielding a USF team utilizing the Air Raid offensive scheme.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Everything points to Taggart as the next head coach. However, it seems like NOTHING ever goes according to plans with this team, which suggests to me it might end up being someone else... someone we might not like, but won't have time to complain about before he's hired. I hope I'm wrong. Don't mean to be negative,It's just the voodoo in me.

I'd also prefer an Air Raid offensive philosophy, too, just because it's different and I think it'd give us an advantage in recruiting in the state of Florida. But I just want to win, and be entertained regardless of whether we win or don't. So any offensive philosphy that accomplishes that is fine by me.