• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF Bulls might be tough college football coaching job to fill

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

it's laughable to suggest that any job that pays at least $1.5M per year will be difficult to fill.

He didn't say it would be difficult to fill ...

A lot of Jones' crap is just that .... kaka .... but some does make sense and was of a little concern to some when the lynch mobs were out. Potential candidates can question the patience. Holtz was let go after, if you really look at it, one bad year.

I look at it as one bad year and another year of total dispair and regression. But, hey, at least those APR scores were on the way up!

Not going to rehash all that here again but it's just something that potential candidates MAY look at ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Agree with all the final thoughts. Hope he(and myself) is wrong though.

Had to re-read the final thoughts but Ghost you sure don't agree that we even want a coach like Holtz again because that is one of the things he says. He also really insults other coaches in this article so no matter who takes the job according to him is a loser.

I know the article is just trolling and I dont take his opinion seriously for the most part. What I agree with is the fact that the program is in shambles at the moment. It isnt like it was in 2009 when the program was fine but the coach had to go for other reasons besides losing. We are going to more than likely get a coach who has been out of it for a while or looking to prove himself again, like Nutt. He will come for 2-3 years, hopefully winning ~8 games per season and taking us bowling each year, and then get swooped up by a bigger program. We will then be free to hire an up and coming coach for what will be an up and coming program again a la 2009. That is honestly how I see this playing out.

I am guessing then you don't think McGee or Taggert are coming here. Or for that matter Quin.

I dont. I would love them to, but I dont.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

it's laughable to suggest that any job that pays at least $1.5M per year will be difficult to fill.

He didn't say it would be difficult to fill ...

A lot of Jones' crap is just that .... kaka .... but some does make sense and was of a little concern to some when the lynch mobs were out. Potential candidates can question the patience. Holtz was let go after, if you really look at it, one bad year.

I look at it as one bad year and another year of total dispair and regression. But, hey, at least those APR scores were on the way up!

Not going to rehash all that here again but it's just something that potential candidates MAY look at ...

Then they haven't done their homework. Everyone knows when Skip came to USF, we were poised to go bowling regularly and were thought to win the BE.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

The article lost all credibility when he said Colorado was a big time coaching job. Really Tom ? Really ? Really ? Colorado - the most irelevant team in the Pac 10 for decades.

It's relevant when they supposedly offered Butch Jones $2.7 million a season. ($13.5 million five year deal).

There's far more potential for success at USF, but I don't see USF throwing down that kind of money. So, it's hard to argue that it's not an equivalent job.

You might be surprised. When Doug offered the considerations for the future coach to the media, one of the key things stated was that money is no object.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The article lost all credibility when he said Colorado was a big time coaching job. Really Tom ? Really ? Really ? Colorado - the most irelevant team in the Pac 10 for decades.

It's relevant when they supposedly offered Butch Jones $2.7 million a season. ($13.5 million five year deal).

There's far more potential for success at USF, but I don't see USF throwing down that kind of money. So, it's hard to argue that it's not an equivalent job.

You might be surprised. When Doug offered the considerations for the future coach to the media, one of the key things stated was that money is no object.

I believe his exact statement was, "the salary will be as competitive as it needs to be." Which I read as a guy like Willie Taggart would get 900K and a guy like Petrino might get the 1.9 million Skip got with likely a higher assistant pool, but that's an assumption on my part. I think they'll be willing to go as high as mildly more than Skip made for the right candidate.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Pretty much my thoughts and about the only reason Woolard would have to keep Holtz one more year in hopes he turned it around. This is going to be a hard job to fill with a competent, dedicated coach. As it is, every coach that comes in will be out the first chance they get. Another thing was that Holtz, despite the rumor he was going to resign, had not such inclination to move on.

Have you not seen the list of potential hires and where they are from?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

Welcome back Ghost!!!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Welcome back Ghost!!!

haha thanks man. Ill see you in a few days.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Pretty much my thoughts and about the only reason Woolard would have to keep Holtz one more year in hopes he turned it around. This is going to be a hard job to fill with a competent, dedicated coach. As it is, every coach that comes in will be out the first chance they get. Another thing was that Holtz, despite the rumor he was going to resign, had not such inclination to move on.

He had no inclination to move on yet took a contract extension after a 5-7 year b/c other programs were interested?