• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bulls might be tough college football coaching job to fill

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

it's laughable to suggest that any job that pays at least $1.5M per year will be difficult to fill.

Bingo !

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

This is the meme among our so-called "media." Last night, Tood Wright said basically the same thing, suggesting our program was a third-tier program under "50 feet of ****" (quoting a movie line I believe).

I'll never forget how Wright said that Stan was a really bad hire for us and would never work out ...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The article lost all credibility when he said Colorado was a big time coaching job. Really Tom ? Really ? Really ? Colorado - the most irelevant team in the Pac 10 for decades.

It's relevant when they supposedly offered Butch Jones $2.7 million a season. ($13.5 million five year deal).

There's far more potential for success at USF, but I don't see USF throwing down that kind of money. So, it's hard to argue that it's not an equivalent job.

Agree with all the final thoughts. Hope he(and myself) is wrong though.

Had to re-read the final thoughts but Ghost you sure don't agree that we even want a coach like Holtz again because that is one of the things he says. He also really insults other coaches in this article so no matter who takes the job according to him is a loser.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Had to re-read the final thoughts but Ghost you sure don't agree that we even want a coach like Holtz again because that is one of the things he says. He also really insults other coaches in this article so no matter who takes the job according to him is a loser.

I know the article is just trolling and I dont take his opinion seriously for the most part. What I agree with is the fact that the program is in shambles at the moment. It isnt like it was in 2009 when the program was fine but the coach had to go for other reasons besides losing. We are going to more than likely get a coach who has been out of it for a while or looking to prove himself again, like Nutt. He will come for 2-3 years, hopefully winning ~8 games per season and taking us bowling each year, and then get swooped up by a bigger program. We will then be free to hire an up and coming coach for what will be an up and coming program again a la 2009. That is honestly how I see this playing out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

it's laughable to suggest that any job that pays at least $1.5M per year will be difficult to fill.

He didn't say it would be difficult to fill ...

A lot of Jones' crap is just that .... kaka .... but some does make sense and was of a little concern to some when the lynch mobs were out. Potential candidates can question the patience. Holtz was let go after, if you really look at it, one bad year. At the very least, DW may have to put in some pretty hefty buyout numbers to attract a decent coach. The conference thing isn't really that big of a deal because we can still be used as a stepping stone if they want to look at it like that.

The article lost all credibility when he said Colorado was a big time coaching job. Really Tom ? Really ? Really ? Colorado - the most irelevant team in the Pac 10 for decades.

It's relevant when they supposedly offered Butch Jones $2.7 million a season. ($13.5 million five year deal).

There's far more potential for success at USF, but I don't see USF throwing down that kind of money. So, it's hard to argue that it's not an equivalent job.

You saying Colorado offered him 2.7 mil ? Of course Colorado has more money because of the Pac-12 money but their program is terrible and like you said USF has more potential for success and no way does USF have that kind of money. If you are all about the money then I think a Coach is less likely to be the guy you want if you are looking for success. IMHO

A lot of Jones' crap is just that .... kaka .... but some does make sense and was of a little concern to some when the lynch mobs were out. Potential candidates can question the patience. Holtz was let go after, if you really look at it, one bad year. At the very least, DW may have to put in some pretty hefty buyout numbers to attract a decent coach. The conference thing isn't really that big of a deal because we can still be used as a stepping stone if they want to look at it like that.

One bad year ? I guess we look at it in different ways.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

A lot of Jones' crap is just that .... kaka .... but some does make sense and was of a little concern to some when the lynch mobs were out. Potential candidates can question the patience. Holtz was let go after, if you really look at it, one bad year.

I look at it as one bad year and another year of total dispair and regression. But, hey, at least those APR scores were on the way up!

I know the article is just trolling and I dont take his opinion seriously for the most part. What I agree with is the fact that the program is in shambles at the moment. It isnt like it was in 2009 when the program was fine but the coach had to go for other reasons besides losing. We are going to more than likely get a coach who has been out of it for a while or looking to prove himself again, like Nutt. He will come for 2-3 years, hopefully winning ~8 games per season and taking us bowling each year, and then get swooped up by a bigger program. We will then be free to hire an up and coming coach for what will be an up and coming program again a la 2009. That is honestly how I see this playing out.

I am guessing then you don't think McGee or Taggert are coming here. Or for that matter Quin.