• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Group plans $400 million stadium to lure Major League Soccer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

http://www2.tbo.com/news/sports/2012/nov/28/13/major-league-soccer-may-return-to-tampa-with-400m-ar-578282/

Mitchell's group has invited local political and business leaders to the Tampa Club, atop the Bank of America building downtown, for the official unveiling of VSI Tampa's plan — a 28,888-seat stadium with a retractable roof, a $50 million soccer academy and a $250 million sports medicine center.

^^ Maybe we need to get in on this deal and split a 50-50 deal with them for this stadium

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

nobody gives a $h!t about soccer in the United States, when are these people going to get that?

And while I agree RayJ's 67k is presently too much for us, 28k is way too small.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,680
  • Days Won:  14

nobody gives a $h!t about soccer in the United States, when are these people going to get that?

And while I agree RayJ's 67k is presently too much for us, 28k is way too small.

With respect to American interest in soccer, their willingness to invest in this project suggests otherwise. Particularly since the stadium would be tailored to what they believe is sustainable.

As for a collaboration, I posted earlier in another thread that it would be wise for USF and this investment group to at least talk about the possiblity. I doubt the 28K size is set in stone; details are always negotiable when a partnership is in play.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

But, people care about college football right? So, why are they meeting to discuss a soccer stadium and not a football stadium?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Tampa is in a tough battle with Orlando to get the MLS team. The MLS will expand in the south and I know for a fact that Orlando City (the soccer franchise) is pushing very hard to make it happen.

Tampa putting together a proposal for a stadium might tilt the favor to Tampa, though.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Didn't Tampa have a MLS team once? How come they don't anymore?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt the 28K size is set in stone; details are always negotiable when a partnership is in play.

If it is a retractable roof stadium, I don't see how the 28K size wouldn't be set in stone

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

That's funny considering there are more youth soccer clubs across America than football teams. On a national level, of course it can't compete with the NFL but to say that people don't care s rather ignorant.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Is that why the MLS has the 3rd highest attendance out of the U.S. pro leagues? The NBA and NHL have lower average attendance.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2011-11-07/mls-passes-nba-as-third-best-attended-american-sport

Didn't Tampa have a MLS team once? How come they don't anymore?

The MLS was close to failing. Over the past several years, attendance has been up and the league is expanding.

I look at it the same as the NFL when it first started. They had to reduce the number of teams a couple times before expanding.

Edited by &rew Bull