• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami players given ultimatum...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

If I was a former player at UM, I would tell them to pound sand. The NCAA is as crooked as they come. Glad the players are sticking together. UM won't get the death penalty... but it sure won't be pretty when it's all said and done. PSU didn't get the death penalty and they had a massive cover up.

Funny that the football team couldn't beat UM, but a former USF student has UM at their knees.

I actually agree.

What the NCAA is doing sounds partially illegal. You can't simply operate under a presumption of guilt in cases like these from my understanding. The burden of proof is on the NCAA to prove that these players were taking illegal contributions, not the other way around.

If I'm wrong, are there any lawyers on the board who can correct me?

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

What's the difference between breaking NCAA "rules" and breaking the law? I'm sure someone has enough cash to find out.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

If I was a former player at UM, I would tell them to pound sand. The NCAA is as crooked as they come. Glad the players are sticking together. UM won't get the death penalty... but it sure won't be pretty when it's all said and done. PSU didn't get the death penalty and they had a massive cover up.

Funny that the football team couldn't beat UM, but a former USF student has UM at their knees.

I actually agree.

What the NCAA is doing sounds partially illegal. You can't simply operate under a presumption of guilt in cases like these from my understanding. The burden of proof is on the NCAA to prove that these players were taking illegal contributions, not the other way around.

If I'm wrong, are there any lawyers on the board who can correct me?

NAL but I think you might be misapplying the presumption of innocence one has in a criminal proceeding (as you used the term illegal above) with a private party disciplinary proceeding. The NCAA is not a law enforcement organization. They have voluntary authority over their membership only because said members grant them authority as a requirement of maintaining membership. Most professional organizations work like this as well.

If you refuse to respond to an ethics investigation by your professional society they will likely presume that to be an admission of guilt and expel you.