Hi Guest,

Just a quick note to remind you the USF Bulls Fan Fest is this Saturday, August 11th, from 1-4 p.m. at the on campus Yuengling Center.

This is your opportunity to meet the USF 2018-19 teams!

More information on board and calendar (address and RSVP).

Join the Stampede at the Yuengling Center!

Brad Brad
  • Become a member

It's quick and free - and you will unlock other areas and features of The Bulls Pen as well as reduce the number of ads you see throughout the site.

• Members do not see this ad
Bulls1181

USF realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I think they should have searched a little longer for a better photo. Maybe one that doesn't look like a complete play breakdown. 

Couldn't have one that paints the national champs in a bad light ....

• Haha 1

"I can appreciate your pride for the University of Central Florida and in the University of South Florida," Bowlsby's letter says, "not only as an alumnus of both institutions, but also on the heels of tremendously successful football seasons for the Knights and Bulls."

We're doomed. Our only chance at the P5 hinges upon latching on to the national champions' skirt-tails and Bowlsby didn't even acknowledge that spectacular accomplishment.

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We're doomed. Our only chance at the P5 hinges upon latching on to the national champions' skirt-tails and Bowlsby didn't even acknowledge that spectacular accomplishment.

Hate to say it but it looks like the Big 12 is on a death path as long as Bowlsby with them. Come 2025, I will be shocked if they survive. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Hate to say it but it looks like the Big 12 is on a death path as long as Bowlsby with them. Come 2025, I will be shocked if they survive. 

B12 refuses to admit winter is coming, they don't believe in the white walkers. Does Bowlsby think UT and OK are gonna take him along for the ride when the conference dies and they move on? Or is it just the bane of capitalism where he only cares about the next quarterly balance sheet and not anything sustainable?

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

17 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

B12 refuses to admit winter is coming, they don't believe in the white walkers. Does Bowlsby think UT and OK are gonna take him along for the ride when the conference dies and they move on? Or is it just the bane of capitalism where he only cares about the next quarterly balance sheet and not anything sustainable?

Bowlsby is doing what UT as OU wants. He and they will be fine. Those two will not move on because no other conference will give them the deal they give themselves. When the time works for them, they will add. The Pac-12 and the Big10 got left out this season not the Big 12 so the argument that they need a championship game is flawed.  What exactly is their motivation?

Edited by BrassBulls12

I still won’t be completely surprised if the Big12 stays intact in 7 years...especially if they have one team that makes the playoffs in four of those years. If they do, they won’t expand as they will increase the $ to each team. 

16 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Bowlsby is doing what UT as OU wants. He and they will be fine. Those two will not move on because no other conference will give them the deal they give themselves. When the time works for them, they will add. The Pac-12 and the Big10 got left out this season not the Big 12 so the argument that they need a championship game is flawed.  What exactly is their motivation?

I misspoke, they do have a championship game, just not the traditional two division format. However, the point is the same, there is no need to expand as long as their 1 loss or undefeated champion is getting in. 

41 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I misspoke, they do have a championship game, just not the traditional two division format. However, the point is the same, there is no need to expand as long as their 1 loss or undefeated champion is getting in. 

They'll expand if they feel like it expands the brand and increases revenue.  As of now, that probably isn't the case

On 1/30/2018 at 1:39 PM, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

• Upvote 1