Jump to content
  • Become a member

    It's quick and free - and you will unlock other areas and features of The Bulls Pen as well as reduce the number of ads you see throughout the site.

Bulls1181

USF realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Some good press from Hookem-Horns. States that UConn and USF are the most valuable available programs and that USF while at #2, UCF is at #4. Houston is at #10 and ECU at #11. :icon_drink:

 

http://www.hookem.com/2016/07/25/big-12-expansion-uconn-usf-lead-houston-bottom-athletics-worth-per-report/

Like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Some good press from Hookem-Horns. States that UConn and USF are the most valuable available programs and that USF while at #2, UCF is at #4. Houston is at #10 and ECU at #11. :icon_drink:

The Data comes from two previous Wall Street Journal stories.

 

http://www.hookem.com/2016/07/25/big-12-expansion-uconn-usf-lead-houston-bottom-athletics-worth-per-report/

Hopefully that is on one of the first slides in our double secret presentation to them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

Hopefully that is on one of the first slides in our double secret presentation to them.

Thankfully they didn't blame us for stealing their "horn-finger" sign. I've always wondered why that bothered people so much. Weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If USF is left on the outside looking in, it will probably destroy my interest in College Football.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take the positive press but it's hard for me to see how we are valued that high in MBB. Is it due to the previos Big East affiliation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

If USF is left on the outside looking in, it will probably destroy my interest in College Football.

Feel the same but then again last few years i've only watched USF games anyways. Knew this crap would happen with the P5 shift... I hate it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I'll always follow USF football, but obviously the interest will be greater (for me and I bet many other people too) if USF is competing with the upper echelon of college football.

Just want what's best for my alma mater. And a fair shake.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mark_my_words said:

Hopefully that is on one of the first slides in our double secret presentation to them.

I am not sure I buy how UCF football is valued more than USF, further, I am surprised that we are ranked ahead of BYU in basketball, especially by that margin.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

I am not sure I buy how UCF football is valued more than USF, further, I am surprised that we are ranked ahead of BYU in basketball, especially by that margin.  

Forget BYU, I turned it off when I saw it put us over OU, OSU, and WVU MBB. Heck, even Cincy & Memphis should rationally be well over us in that list. I guess they factored heavily in favor of our potential there (before this recent debacle). But the football looks relatively believable. UCF is still riding some of it's own success in 2013 & 2014, so I can believe it ranks slightly higher in program value. Next year, their value probably drops significantly esp if they don't make a remarkable rebound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, deters- said:

Feel the same but then again last few years i've only watched USF games anyways. Knew this crap would happen with the P5 shift... I hate it.

+1 to both comments, unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×