Jump to content

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd agree if most of the contacts the article mentioned didn't come 8ish months ago. 

Im sure USF made a pitch, as have several other schools, whether it's on their radar? No one definitely knows.

Fair enough but why would Memphis be talking up their $500 million investment and the Fed Ex deal if they were in a good position?  In my opinion, to a certain extent, the schools doing that are in weaker positions (or perceive they are).  

If you follow that logic to the other end of the spectrum, the teams that are in a better position may not feel it is as necessary to make a lot of noise. We know there are an array of schools that are attempting to get into the Big 12.  I just think their behaviors may be revealing.

15 minutes ago, Bear said:

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can stomach people saying we have no chance, I get the reason why they would say it. However, it makes you look like an idiot when you say UCF is legit but we're not.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd agree if most of the contacts the article mentioned didn't come 8ish months ago. 

Im sure USF made a pitch, as have several other schools, whether it's on their radar? No one definitely knows.

Colorado State's contact was 10 months ago yet I don't recall seeing anything posted on here about them until reported rumors had them being mentioned in the actual Big 12 meetings ..... but you are correct, no one definitely knows anything.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about this, this morning while doing laps...which helps relieve the agony of  lap swimming ....oh how I wish I still had intact meniscus'

 

Decision 1, does any school in expansion, help us earn more $. If no, they and expansion are out

Decision 2, does adding a school or schools help us, the Big 12  survive, if no, no expansion

Decision 3, if yes on one and 2, does any school or schools being added, improve or not detract from our brand. Therefore, a school like   wont be added, and maybe on some of the other might be considered. I do think at the end of every day... without a yes in #1 and #2, nothing happens, which I predict is most likely.

 

I have a simple mind, so I need simple decision tree's!

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

Fair enough but why would Memphis be talking up their $500 million investment and the Fed Ex deal if they were in a good position?  In my opinion, to a certain extent, the schools doing that are in weaker positions (or perceive they are).  

If you follow that logic to the other end of the spectrum, the teams that are in a better position may not feel it is as necessary to make a lot of noise. We know there are an array of schools that are attempting to get into the Big 12.  I just think their behaviors may be revealing.

 

All conversations pulled from a public records request to WVU's president. 

 

I I don't think anyone has gone public.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think B12 trys to expand but not with AAC teams.  They go after FSU, GT, and Clemson.  If they're turned down, I think UT and OK bolt for greener pastures (I.E. P12 or B1G).  This leaves the remnants of the B12 and the AAC to form a Super American Athletic Conference (SAAC).   

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 88Alum said:

Still think B12 trys to expand but not with AAC teams.  They go after FSU, GT, and Clemson.  If they're turned down, I think UT and OK bolt for greener pastures (I.E. P12 or B1G).  This leaves the remnants of the B12 and the AAC to form a Super American Athletic Conference (SAAC).   

The fees to leave the ACC are painful, and increasing as revenues increase. I don't see any ACC team leaving to join an unstable B12. Just my opinion though.

"The ACC’s exit fee is actually calculated as three years’ worth of per-school conference distributions, which currently stands at a little more than $50 million and will increase as the conference’s distributions rise in the coming years"

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/09/19/accs-new-exit-fee-punitive-or-par-for-the-course/#1d2b3b968956

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, raptorcj said:

For some reason, I'm not. I think the class with which we've handled our interactions with NCAA and other schools over the years works for us. Plus, UCF is weird.

Now that the demonic tones of the page, which were causing my worries to increase, has gone away...

Agreed.  I also go back to what I've stated a few times before: 

I really cant see the B12 adding only one of USF/UCF.  One of their main issues in expansion is the island they created with WVU.  This is why Cinn and UConn are constantly mentioned, to provide a travel partner.  There has been complaints on both sides (WVU and the rest of the conference) on the logisitical and financial problems it causes. I can't see them re-creating an even worse situation:  A school even further away with less history and current fan support.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dogma said:

Now that the demonic tones of the page, which were causing my worries to increase, has gone away...

Agreed.  I also go back to what I've stated a few times before: 

I really cant see the B12 adding only one of USF/UCF.  One of their main issues in expansion is the island they created with WVU.  This is why Cinn and UConn are constantly mentioned, to provide a travel partner.  There has been complaints on both sides (WVU and the rest of the conference) on the logisitical and financial problems it causes. I can't see them re-creating an even worse situation:  A school even further away with less history and current fan support.

Wouldn't adding UConn cause the same issues?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

The fees to leave the ACC are painful, and increasing as revenues increase. I don't see any ACC team leaving to join an unstable B12. Just my opinion though.

"The ACC’s exit fee is actually calculated as three years’ worth of per-school conference distributions, which currently stands at a little more than $50 million and will increase as the conference’s distributions rise in the coming years"

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/09/19/accs-new-exit-fee-punitive-or-par-for-the-course/#1d2b3b968956

 

Would think the exit fee could be litigated since ESPN never followed through with an ACC Network. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, footnfan1 said:

The fees to leave the ACC are painful, and increasing as revenues increase. I don't see any ACC team leaving to join an unstable B12. Just my opinion though.

"The ACC’s exit fee is actually calculated as three years’ worth of per-school conference distributions, which currently stands at a little more than $50 million and will increase as the conference’s distributions rise in the coming years"

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/09/19/accs-new-exit-fee-punitive-or-par-for-the-course/#1d2b3b968956

 

Which I think will cause what 88Alum mentioned.

All the problems will finally cause the Texahoma group to part ways and join the P12.  WVU going to the ACC. A chunk of the remaining going to the AAC

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Members do not see this ad, Register


×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.