Jump to content

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Yesterday's conference call was at best a shakedown (how much was the Big 12 willing to sacrifice) and, at worst, performance art in order to say they tried everything to reach an agreement, but the advantage of SEC membership were just too great. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened had they been offered double membership shares. The numbers would have matched what they were projected to get in the SEC. Who will be the next rat to jump off the sinking Big 12 ship? My money would be on Kansas or West Virginia. 

Probably the performance art option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Members do not see this ad, Register
Just now, Rocky Style said:

I have to wonder how building a wall around a few teams is going to help ratings, Pfizer ad revenue, yada yada down the road.  Maybe playoff ratings will continue to drop since it is rigged.

The appearance of rigging will be gone. Non-power teams will no longer have access. The charade of pretend equality is going to end very soon. I see Texas and Oklahoma both playing in the SEC starting next year. They aren't going to have a 4 year lame-duck period with their conference mates. All precedent points to the earliest move possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

The appearance of rigging will be gone. Non-power teams will no longer have access. The charade of pretend equality is going to end very soon. I see Texas and Oklahoma both playing in the SEC starting next year. They aren't going to have a 4 year lame-duck period with their conference mates. All precedent points to the earliest move possible. 

Sounds like they need to expand the playoff for sure so it isn't OSU, BAMA, UGA, and CLEM every year.  Right now the playoff is pointless and boring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rumors of Kansas and Iowa State going to Big Ten so that's 6 schools left in Little Big 12 left. Assuming they bounce too.

TCU, WVU, KSU, Baylor, OSU, TTU

Very interesting. Pretty much one of the following situations WILL happen:

1. No further departures; Big 12 remains at 10 and fights through this. 

2. Big 12 expands by adding from MWC/AAC

3. Big 12 breaks up with schools fleeing to other conferences

4. Big 12 merges with Pac 12

 

Honestly I see #3 as the most likely outcome. Followed by #2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Rumors of Kansas and Iowa State going to Big Ten so that's 6 schools left in Little Big 12 left. Assuming they bounce too.

TCU, WVU, KSU, Baylor, OSU, TTU

Very interesting. Pretty much one of the following situations WILL happen:

1. No further departures; Big 12 remains at 10 and fights through this. 

2. Big 12 expands by adding from MWC/AAC

3. Big 12 breaks up with schools fleeing to other conferences

4. Big 12 merges with Pac 12

 

Honestly I see #3 as the most likely outcome. Followed by #2.

Option #2 goes back to my question a couple days ago, Aresco vs Bolsby. Odds?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has there been any word on Aresco talking with ESPN about bringing on Big12 teams and what kind of $$ they would provide to incentive those teams to come to the AAC.

Also, do you think Aresco has met with AAC presidents to urge them not to jump ship as they will work to strengthen the conference by poaching BIG12 teams 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IF Kansas and Iowa State go to the B1G, there will likely be more movement. I think that TCU, OK State, and Texas Tech could offer enough to the Pac 12 to potentially entice them to join. However, the move of UT and OU to the SEC is so monumental, I could see the B1G trying to raid the Pac 12 or ACC to improve their standing relative to the SEC. If the B1G wants to try and make a run at Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Stanford, it could spell the end of the Pac 12 as well. There is so much that could happen that trying to project anything at this point, without any additional information, is fruitless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

IF Kansas and Iowa State go to the B1G, there will likely be more movement. I think that TCU, OK State, and Texas Tech could offer enough to the Pac 12 to potentially entice them to join. However, the move of UT and OU to the SEC is so monumental, I could see the B1G trying to raid the Pac 12 or ACC to improve their standing relative to the SEC. If the B1G wants to try and make a run at Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Stanford, it could spell the end of the Pac 12 as well. There is so much that could happen that trying to project anything at this point, without any additional information, is fruitless. 

Kind of how I feel. Wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now the SEC and BIG 10 each have 20 teams and the winner of each league plays in a championship. Then the best of the rest will have to figure out how to make their own conferences and basically be a different level of college football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Brad changed the title to Conspiracy post
  • Brad locked this topic
  • Brad unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.